Open Queue is dying Help

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:16 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Okay so before anything I have a f2f and chat mafia background.

These platforms 95% of the time use open setups. Personally for me one of the appeals of joining a mafia forum is because there is this secrecy with roles that's fun to work around. I guess it could be novelty that's going to wear off after a while, but yeah. My point here is that I burned out of open setups even before coming here. A problem I have with open setups of any kind is that after a while the game becomes mechanical and that's pretty much where I lose interest in the game. The interest of mafia for me is figuring people out by interactions, their reactions and whatnot. If it's a game that becomes locked by mechanics after a while, that's where I lose interest, and that's why I have apprehensions with open setups.

I am aware that the way open setups are here is a bit different because semi-opens are a thing and I can see that setup reviewers strive to make sure that mechanical-locks are not present. But let's just say that I am still a bit traumatized from those things and that I enjoy the novelty from the secrecy of closed setups :P
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:30 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 4, BNL wrote:Actually people run open games here a lot but usually they are run in the micro/theme queue instead, because they are themed/experimental. Even if they weren’t, they still would have to run in those queues due to queue rules. Even if those were allowed to run in those queues, they wouldn’t because of the waiting time along with terrible moderation of that queue.

I think the Open queue needs to be repurposed and get an overhaul.
With the way you wrote that post you're making it sound like the open queue should be somewhat more classic and less experimental? Did I understand correctly?
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I think whoever said there should always be more classical setups in the queue is right, honestly.
Maybe there should just be a slot dedicated to those so you always get movement in there, and it would be a good way to see if there is interest for this kind of thing.
Because right now the queue is just stuck with setups that are extremely niche, so it's fairly impossible to guess what people want out of that queue, if anything at all.

That's why I think queues like normal queue and newbie queue have a lot of success by the way, because people know what they're going to get in advance, more or less.
With other queues, it's a mixed bag. Perhaps there'd just be more demand if people knew what to expect and could come back to classic things once in a while!
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Yeah I just think open queue should have solid yet good setups that people can come back to in the end.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:13 am

Post by nomnomnom »

There are no ongoing games and the signups are dead stuck.
This is depressing to watch.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 67, FakeGod wrote:Actually, I'm of the opinion that Open Queue should be removed.

I can run any of the Open Setup games in any of the other queue when I want, so...

Can someone tell me what purpose this queue serves on this site?
first time modding can be in the open queue so I guess it's relevant for someone like me
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

if you kill the queue you should allow first time mods to run some games in another queue because the normal queue can get pretty clogged at times.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”