On Improving In Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I realize practice makes perfect when it comes to improving. Which I guess can be applied to point 3. I know what helped me improve was better understanding of game theory for mafia. Which I could learn via trial of error, but talking game theory with more experienced players can be exhilarating. Finally reflecting on your own play / self critique is probably very important for improving. Watching my own splatoon 2 play can be interesting, but reading my own play can be embarrassing at times but it helps immensely to do so.

TL;DR: Practice, Learn, Reflect.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Sun May 03, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 50, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Complexity isn't inherently more fun. I find relying on dayplay far more fun than nightplay.
I agree with this. I know there are people who prefer the opposite though as well. I generally enter games that are advertised as simple, otherwise I'd join a complex setup if I really like the theme, or the playerlist (or am familiar with them). I think this all comes down to preference though.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I don't know the best way to practice and improve but recently I replaced into a slot in mylo and tried my damn best to convince a town read who I thought was scum and that I was town. So basically, trying to work on my persuasion skill. Yet I made a few mistakes and was onto one scum at first but then reverted my read on them, game over. So going to focus on my reads some more.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”