Game drought?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:20 am

Post by callforjudgement »

I've also noticed a general lack of games across many queues, and have been wondering if part of the cause is just that standards have gone up. We used to have a steady stream of generic Mini Themes which were basically "Normals, but maybe with roles that are a little weirder, and with source material added". Most of them weren't very good, and we get very few games like that nowadays. Likewise, Normals are much better-balanced than they used to be, and most of them are designed by players other than the moderator nowadays; and Large Themes used to dominate but nowadays we get very few of them.

There are plenty of games that I've put effort into designing, but haven't run because I feel like I can't get them up to this site's standards, and don't want to run an unenjoyable game. Perhaps other moderators are in the same situation?

(As a side note, I note that replacements seem much easier to find nowadays than they used to be. This makes me think the problem is lack of mod supply, not lack of player demand.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 18, mastina wrote:(One thing I kinda wanted to try and hash out was how to make an Among Us mini theme game, with 12 players and 3 impostors, for instance--but I knew that even if I could figure out how to capture the aesthetic of that game's mechanics, I wouldn't be able to actually run the game I came up with.)
12:3 would be a Large. I was also considering this, but thinking more in terms of 8:2, like the actual game.

The main issue would be how to make it not horribly townsided, whilst still being somewhat fun to play. If you have mechanical ideas, I'd be interested to collaborate with you in terms of setup design, even if we need to recruit additional moderators to actually be able to run it.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”