Considering Self-Ban and Self-Ban Discussion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:38 am

Post by chamber »

In the specific case of cheetory, he's also met like 40 scummers irl. Faking that for any period of time seems nearly impossible.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 26, Isis wrote:
In post 22, Something_Smart wrote:I thought zakk impersonated another user with their permission.

Regardless, with the advent of discord, it seems unlikely that locking yourself out of your account and then asking for a reset is going to be dangerous.
Anyone can make a discord account with your name and avatar and dm me that the reason S_S hasn't posted in a year is because of an email password scramble and an ms.net password scramble. If someone does that, I feel like I would likely email the email on file with "hey someone is saying they're you, if they are not please holler."
If you never cut off your own access to your own recovery email, you can respond to an email like that. My Spotify premium account was stolen for about 18 hours and I responded to exactly such an email a couple weeks ago, and the account was handed back to me.

If you say I'm supposed to write down your discord ID or do xyz other thing so it's more secure I do want to fall back on the whole, why are we hassling the mods for an unecessary selfcontrol device.
All previous emails are recorded on the backend here, you could still do this for the prescramble email.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:33 am

Post by chamber »

Can you just reduce the minimum to some amount you think is manageable (2 months?) and completely disallow appeals.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”