Open Queue history

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Jingle »

The time you looked at was specifically my absence from site, but I remember prior to that that F+I and Jungle Republic were both considered over run and were mostly run so often because they were a way for people to get the modding experience prior to being able to have predesigned normals/micros as your first setup. I'm not sure they'd be any more popular nowadays because people seem less interested in multiball, not more. I think all of the others would be reasonably well received though.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

This might just be my opinion, but I think marked for death, burden of proficiency, and divide and conquer have all been shown to be balanced and popular enough to be worth approving. I think I’m the only one who ran burden of proficiency as the original setup, but it was also run as a secret alt variant a few times recently.

WRT the open design challenges, we could easily explore making them again with flavor criteria instead of mechanical criteria if there’s a goal to bolster game design at the moment.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4, House wrote:I miss Greater Idea Mafia.

That was my favorite role madness setup back in the day.

I loved rolling Judas & claiming Saulus, getting town to eliminate me, and winning with scum. :lol:

(Not that I can ever do that again, now)
If you ego search temporallich there’s a bunch of idea style collaborative decks you might want to look into.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 9, House wrote:I mean, yeah, but it is Greater Idea mechanics specifically that I personally enjoyed.
The reason I brought it up is that the collab decks are run using GIdea card picking. They’re a nuttier set of roles, but if you don’t mind the additional swing they might be fun for you.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Jingle »

Did anyone ever run Tbone’s fixed stack the deck proposal? I remember it being kicked around for last Team Mafia but I don’t think I’ve seen it get played.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:30 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 10, Isis wrote:I don't know if I've ever played any of the old school setups. I hypothesize that players lose interest in multiball as they gain veterancy. Mason opens are quasi multiball sometimes and there's that too.
My theory on multi ball is that there are wildly different schools of thought on balance (50/25/25 or 33/33/33? Should Crosskilling be considered as a tow siding mechanic?) and because of that what may seem balanced to one person seems incredibly unbalanced to another, leading to a negative feedback loop. My logic is that people don’t seem to mind it as much in games like the idea games or mastina’s “hilariously unbalanced” setups where balance is explicitly secondary to fun. Either way, a bunch of multi ball opens doesn’t seem likely to be popular, although one or two as options is probably prudent.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:19 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 24, Isis wrote:an evil imp whispers me that murdercats card game stuff is like the gleaming future of mafia and if people put the elbow grease in developing that it would one day supplant 60% of normals and 60% of opens or 80/60
I don’t think it’s going to take up that much of the meta, but yeah, we should probably fix that. The trouble is that it ended up being pretty significantly townsided and would need some major retooling.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”