Let's Discuss the Hyperpost Meta

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Spoiler:
In post 7, MathBlade wrote:I think this is good in theory bad in practice.

I get I am a hyperposter but I find it’s pretty much one of the few ways to address everything

If you make a wall it’s ignored
If you do one short post then you get called scum or can’t address something scum tried to sneak in

I think the limits idea is good but needs to address context and how the game is going otherwise I think it’s going to be extremely damaging.

In other words I think limiting to X posts is bad but maybe no more than X% and a hard cap both.

This way if everyone is “hyperposting” a single player doesn’t get called out for it because they had 250 but everyone else had 249.

I have the same issue and I struggle a lot with making wall posts, so I just straight up avoid geriatric games for that reason.

I’d suggest that the game mod, just ask excessively hyper posting users to post less. Just a reminder can do wonders.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 26, RadiantCowbells wrote:Your name violates my copyright I am issuing a cease and desist order.
*registers new account “The Radiant Nancy Drew”*.

:P
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I may be one of the few who hates hypoposting far more. If barely anyone is posting, the game is in danger of becoming stagnant. Generally, a lot of game posts mean people are enjoying the game and are invested.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I think designignating high and low activity games, might be an idea then but then geriatric games already exist, so for those players who have trouble keeping up, maybe make more of them? I personally would be highly unlikely to sign up for a geriatric for pretty much the same reqsons that Mathblade, S_S and Andante have already expressed. I’m really just generally not a wallpost kind’ve of player and Math is right, that a lot of people tend to skip over them in general. I do still try to restrain myself from posting unhelpful or redundant content for the most part - a skill that has taken me a long time to develop.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:32 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 39, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 38, Andante wrote:I just don't like the "well some people can't keep up so we have to do something!!" like no.. you see who you're signing up to play with, worst case you can replace out I guess, like it's very clear early on how the game will be.
That seems pretty unfair, no? As game mods we should be trying to optimize for player enjoyment.

Nobody is suggesting that post caps be instituted on every game; the goal is to create some games that lower-activity people can join without constantly being afraid of not being able to keep up. And my theory is kinda that most hyperposters won't really be able to scale back their posting, so they should just be excluded from these games.

I would love to come up with a solution that would make hyperposters not
want
to post as much (rather than a posting cap, under which they still want to post, but aren't always able to), but I'm just not sure it exists.
My current policy is: read more, post less and only respond to where I think I can either advance the game or make it more fun.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 49, Dwlee99 wrote:The over a longer timescale is the important part there. If I have 10 days to look at 1600 posts, that's about 160 a day. Much more manageable than 800 in a day.
The day I make 300+ posts in a 48 hr period or less, is probably the day I will smash my iPad. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #59 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I used to be an extreme hyperposter to such an obnoxious degree that people wouldn’t want to play games with me specifically due to that. I actually couldn’t help it att due to my severe dyslexia but overtime, I learned and discovered ways to overcome it and as a result, I’ve received very few complaints about that in a very long time and I continue to improve on this but it took me an extremely long time to get there.

Now I ask myself before I press “submit”, do I really want to post _____? Is my post actually contributing in a helpful/useful way to the gamestate/to advancing my wincon or providing entertainment/fun or am I just posting irrelevant/redundant content that is only serving to clog up the game? Perhaps if all hyperposters asked themselves that question and they put more thought into it, that would go a very long way to combat the problem?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I have to say I’m in agreement with the people opposing this. Posting caps really mess with my play. One viable solution might be to make it mandatory to put multiquote posts into [ spoiler
=
] [/ spoiler] tags. Or perhaps any wallposts in general?

But for someone already struggling with dyslexia and ADHD, post caps only make this more difficult for me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”