Mafia Universe Championships - Representative Nominations

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #33 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Prism seems on the fence, which makes it hard for me to know if I should nom them, but if they are interested they would be my nom.

If Prism is uninterested, I think Andante would be another good choice. Their interest and excitement for the role means a lot imo

Nth Prism
Nth Andante
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I retract my Nth for Prism,and add an nth for catboi
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #90 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Hello, I have been beatlejuiced.

Overall thoughts: Sending someone to the Championships is Fun, and Exciting, and 1,000% something that I think that we should be doing as a site. I share Prism's frustrations/disappointment that there seems to be little from the mods to help facilitate this process, even if they don't want to give the impression that they are forcing it to happen.

I think that there has already been reasonable evidence that it is something that we as the community should do. Between this thread and the last thread, there have been 177 posts from various users, and I have seen ZERO posts from any member of the community suggesting that we shouldn't send someone. Every single person I have seen comment on the topic, has been in favor of sending someone - just disparate opinions on who the best person to send would be, or the best way to choose someone.

I don't know that I have opened up many threads on any forum where Someone, Somewhere hasn't shown up with a dissenting opinion, but this seems to be that rare instance where all voices are unanimously saying "We should do this!"

Regarding my nomination from Prism, I am incredibly flattered - but I don't feel that I would be able to commit to the shorter deadlines of the championship. However, I feel strongly enough that this is something that as a site we should do, I would be willing to serve as a back up if that would be the difference between us participating or just floundering, and not doing it at all.

I frankly cannot think of a better person to serve as our representative then Catboi/Peta. There are any number of people that I think could serve well in the roll, but I have refrained from naming additional names since he seems like the perfect fit.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #91 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

When I last weighed in, what I saw was a lot of people saying that it should happen, and a lot of people nominating Catboi - I added my voice to the people supporting both idea, and then stepped back thinking that clearly the powers that be would see what I saw, and this was being taken care of.

If I need to post in this thread every day that I support it for it to be clear that I am an enthusiastic supporter, I can do that. I just didn't realize that the mods wanted [or needed] to see high frequency posting to get that memo.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 63, AniX wrote:I will say part of the reason we wanted to be more hands off as mods is that we wanted to leave open the possibility that the site doesn't have a sufficient level of interest to compete.
I think that it is important that it be defined what is needed for the mod team to acknowledge "sufficient level of interest to complete." I saw sufficient evidence from my PoV, but apparently it didn't reach a sufficient level for the mods?

I saw multiple threads of the topic, with many varied voices all voicing support, and numerous people nominated. Outside of the public thread, this is something that I both had conversations with people about, and saw others discuss in other settings such as discord (including people that for whatever reason, have not posted here - but seemed supportive of the idea in those settings).

So, what is the point where the mods say : okay, there is support,let's make this happen

Do we need X number of people to post that we want it to happen?
Do we need X number of posts across a set time period?
Do we need X number of people nominated, who then accept their nomination?

Or do we, with no set authority or structure, have to hobble together a method by which to settle on a name, and then get it to you without even knowing if you are gonna reject the name, or worse yet, say "despite this name being presented, we didn't see sufficient levels of interest, and are choosing to not move forward"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 92, Lukewarm wrote:Do we need X number of people to post that we want it to happen?
If this is the answer, I can reach out to the people I've spoken to or seen discuss it on discord, and encourage them to more publicly say they like the idea.
Do we need X number of posts across a set time period?
If it is this, I can add this page to my daily routine
Do we need X number of people nominated, who then accept their nomination?
If it is this, I can start more broadly nominating, instead of limiting myself to my top pick.

But, until we are given some form of guidance, or goal post, any and all efforts feel like they could be wasted efforts.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 103, AniX wrote:Sufficient interest is being measured by performance is probably the best way to phrase it. If users put in the needed effort to nominate, the interest required to do so would certainly be sufficient.
This seems like a poor system. No one currently is speaking with any authority, because the mods are neither taking charge, nor putting someone in charge. Lots of voices, but no authority, makes for poor planning at best. I will thrown my hands up in both frustration and disbelief, and then start working with Prism on doing our best to make do with the situation that mods are presenting us
I slightly disagree with what you said earlier that everyone who disagrees with participating at all will necessarily voice that disagreement, but as we've already seen, if people disagree with the process they'll speak up so we trust that if the process yields results those results reflect sufficient interest.
That is not what I was trying to say. Between this thread, and the prior thread, there have been 29 unique users
who have made posts, and exactly zero of them have voiced an opinion that we should not participate.

Yes, there are likely people who have withheld their opinion - I did not say otherwise- but the public response has been universally positive from what has been visible to me, which says a lot in and of itself.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Nth GL, Nth Datisi, Nth Mastina
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #115 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@Prism - Hello, I have decided that I am going to treat you like you are in charge until and unless the mods name someone else. Congratulations.

I suggest the following course of actions:

I think that we need a hard dead line for nominations. At the end of that Period, we send a PM to everyone who has been nominated and seconded. They have 24/48 hours to accept/reject their nomination. We then do a vote. Possibly using Google forms? I liked your idea of each person submitting 3 names, in order of preference, and doing a IRV style. Winner competes, second place is the back up.

Personally, I think that the most appropriate thing would be for the voting stage to be ran by the mods, so that people could vote semi-anonymously. But, if they are unwilling to do so, I guess you would get that privilege too?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I have scrolled through both threads to compile all nominations [updated through post 136]

Nominated, and said they were open to competing
Peta/Catboi
MathBlade
Datisi
Lukewarm

Nominated, but I did not see where said if they were interested yet. I will PM all of these names
MariaR
dannflor

Nominated, but Self-Recused
Spoiler:
Hectic
NancyDrew39
Notscience
Skitter
Prism
Cabd
Pooky
Not_Mafia
Alyssa
Andante
Mastina
NorthSideGal
GuiltyLion
Shiki
okapoka
Morning Tweet
radiant cowbells
dwlee

I have no intention to double check any players nomination for a ban history. That seems harmful to this process, and I don't feel comfortable with myself, or any other user who is not a mod, announcing that a player is not allowed to participate. My suggestion is that anyone nominated, to personally think about if they have been banned in the last 2 years (cut off provided by mods) and just decline the nomination. No reason is needed to decline, so there is not need to even bring up past bans.
Last edited by Lukewarm on Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 120, DkKoba wrote:NSG= NorthSideGal
Thanks!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #123 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Here is the message I am getting ready to send out to all nominees who have not checked in. Please let me know if I missed an important detail, or if I should change something.

Planning to send it in ~30 mins if I have not heard any feedback.

There is going to be a Mafia Championship on Mafia Universe, and we are hoping to send a contestant to represent MafiaScum. If you are getting this message, then you have been nominated to be a contestant!

Be aware that there will be shorter deadlines for this competition, then game on MafiaScum.
In post 5, DkKoba wrote:SOME NOTES ABOUT THE COMPETITION:

The setup is 3v12 Mountainous.

The elimination is compulsive plurality everyday, with hammers possible past day 1.

The deadlines you are able to pick for the qualifiers, usually its either:
12/12
24/24
48/24
72/24
(all in hours)

We will need to choose a Main Representative and a Backup. The backup will play if the main representative cannot play anymore.

The choices must be finalized by APRIL 23rd.
If you would be interested in representing the MafiaScum Community, please check in and let us know! If you are not interested, don't hesitate to delince the nomination [that can stop me from bugging you in the coming days :lol: ]

To accept or decline a nomination, please post in this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=89125

Also, as a note. The mod team has stated that neither the primary player nor the back-up representative can be a user who has been banned in the last 2 years. If you have received such a ban, please do not accept your nomination.

Thanks!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #128 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:52 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Got sidetracked, but the PMs to the people nominated just went out
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #137 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

As people check in or nominate additional people, I will be updating post 117.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #158 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 156, Prism wrote:I'll leave it to Lukewarm to put together the final list of nominees
I just updated post .

At this point, we have heard back from most of the people nominated. Only two people who have not publicly or privately responded to their nomination. I am going to shoot a last try pm to the people I have not heard from.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”