Open Queue history

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:48 pm

Post by Somnus »

Necro-bump for a couple of reasons:

1.) I've been slowly piecing together ideas for a 13-player open, but I'm in no rush. I want to make sure I get everything right and then run it by as many people as I possibly can to get their opinions on balance/fun. So like...months down the road. I'd rather create one great open setup than just throw together the first thing that pops into my mind. Perhaps more importantly for now though...

2.) I've just recently set my sights towards actually playing games in the Open Queue. As someone who has been on the site for just over 6 months, I'm familiar with most of these setups as a reader, but have never gotten a chance to play any of them. While many players may be tired of some of those "ancient" setups, I'm rarely seeing more traditional mafia setups run that would appeal to my individual tastes. I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but a lot of the games that I see run in the Open Queue in recent months are a bit too gimmicky for my liking (personal preference. I'm not knocking those games or those who enjoy them). Some of the older players may be bored to death of stuff like White Flag, Pollock's Flag, 9:12, Twin Trap, etc., but that's the kind of stuff I want to try out :lol:

Again, my experience with these games isn't as a player, so I can only offer what kind of games I've enjoyed reading. Overall, I'm not a fan of multiball, but I wouldn't mind trying Fire and Ice or Jungle Republic at some point. Although I enjoy NewD3 in the Newbie Queue, I'm generally not interested in other semi-opens except for maybe 9:12. I don't personally want to play stuff like Stack the Deck, Pick your Poison, C9 variants, but they seem to have a big appeal for others. Nightless anything just seems painfully dull for scum.

Just figured I'd give my $0.02 as someone with a fairly recent join-date.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”