Townplay Discussion Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:57 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1, DragonEater70 wrote: I'll start with a question: I noticed that sometimes as town I get into a gamestate where it's late in Day 1, or even Day 2, and I don't reallt feel I have any solid scumreads. Or alternatively I feel I have too many townreads and I know some of them are wrong but can't tell which. I'm curious to know: Does anybody else experience this? How do you guys deal with this situation? Is there any way to proactively avoid it happening in the first place?
I don't think it's to be avoided. Not having clear reads is the natural state, where everyone starts and tends to stay.
The thing to do in that state is to work on your reads by re-reading and discussing the game with both townreads and potential scumreads.
Have them explain their confident reads and also what they're unsure about.
Maybe they'll persuade you, maybe you'll notice something that allows you to strike out on your own.

Honestly, I think sheeping is too easily defaulted to -- and sometimes a waste of an opportunity to play the game you signed up.
If you don't agree with someone's reasons for doing something, using that to start a discussion is better for both you
and
that person than just letting them have their way.
Maybe sheep people to help sort or when forced by deadline, but personally if I don't have a confident scumread I'm staying unvoted until I do.
You can't step in the same river twice.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”