Townplay Discussion Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:43 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 4, Dannflor wrote: in short, stop handing out town reads so easily

I used to have this problem to an extreme degree and it helped me to be very stringent between what actually proved to be town indicative and what I felt *should* be town indicative but actually wasn’t

also yeah, you only need a few town reads you are confident on to work with them and get a solid elimination

I think the biggest folly with handing out too many town reads for not solid reasons is that you end up defending scum, im not saying you can avoid ever defending scum but i generally think the most important thing for any townie to avoid is *hard* defending scum

like it’s not worth hard defending that pocket town read on what you think is LHF if there’s even a semi-decent chance you’re wrong
That was always a pet peeve of mine, especially if someone takes an early town read and carries it through the end game without ever evaluating it.

Town reads from me were meant to be as precious as gold, and it always drove me nuts when people would suspect me for not townreading enough people. They'd say "you're just scum hedging your bets." No. I just don't trust living players I can't see the role PM for.

The same goes for "if you're town, you should be townreading me." No. It's not my job to hand out townreads; it's your job to make sure I townread you.

And those townreads are tentative. Anytime I was townreading you, you'd have to understand that it could change at any time for reasons including (but not limited to): things you've said, things you've done, things I've said or done, things said or done by other people, the game state itself, the advice of a cough syrup-drinking stuffed cat, flipped roles, unflipped roles, haruspicy, random whims, visits from the spirits of my ancestors, deciding that if I'm townreading you then you must be scum, gematria, the results of an indecipherable flow chart, my mood, my attention span, and dreams I've had.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew

Return to “Mafia Discussion”