New newbie setups

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

ConSpiracy wrote: 2 roles out of these: (cop 25%, doc 25%, roleblocker 25%, vanilla 25%)
1 mafia goon
1mafia roleblocker
5 VT's

- Cop can't out himself
- fake-claims are fairly easy
- all setups are fairly the same with only "doc+vanilla" being underfavored

Maybe there could be put in some other roles, such as tracker/watcher/jailkeeper, but I am getting the vibe from the players posting in this thread that those roles aren't really good for newbies.
That's "Two Of Four B7," with the addition of a mafia RB and the slight tweak of allowing duplicates.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

There was A7 (my initial suggestion) and B7 (Kelly Chen's variant with the miller replaced by VT). Yours looks like B7. I actually quite like the possibility of duplicates. Town can't automatically rely on counterclaims. Doc-doc isn't actually broken with an RB. If both are obvtown AND the roleblocker dies, it's pretty much unwinnable, but that's a pretty extreme case and also relies on one scum player playing very badly and two town playing very well. Even cop-cop isn't unwinnable for a scumgroup with a roleblocker. Very hard, granted, but the mountainous setup is equally hard for town. The only difficulty would be dealing with the multiple roleblockers floating around.

Ed: Maybe add a one-shot vig and make it 20/20/20/20/20 which reduces the possibility of the extreme results? Cop-cop would be 1/25 rather than 1/16.
Last edited by Lord Fonzi on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”