The Mafiascum Archives (Idea)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Good idea, or not? You decide.

Bad!
4%
Well, maybe. Just maybe.
No votes
Not bad.
No votes
Sounds good!
56%
I like it!
36%
I don't much care one way or the other.
4%
Other (please specify).
No votes

Total votes: 25

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Rainbow Brite wrote:i don't think being the biggest bastard mod is something we should be celebrating...
Actually, I do...so long as the game is still fair, anyway. Proper bastard moddetry is a good skill, that keeps the people guessing.

Anyway, it is probably something that should be noted in this kind of list, so people can look at the most bastardest mafia games so they know what to look out for.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Thesp wrote: There's a difference between not including a doctor in a game and including deathmillers in a game. One keeps people on their toes, and the other actively spites the players for playing well and thinking critically, celebrating the moderator instead of allowing players to flourish and thrive.
(shrug) A good bastardmodded game keeps players on their toes, keeps them guessing, stops the obveous stratagy from always being the best, and keeps the game balanced.

For example, the first time someone put a scum mason into a game, that was good bastardmodding. The first time someone used a miller, that was good bastardmodding. The game where Dragon Phenox invented the insane doc (who actually kills people instead of protecting them; was basically a vig but didn't know it) was good bastardmodding. Now, it should be something that can be played around and beat by good play and by clever players, or can be abused by especally clever and lucky scum players; one good bastardmodding game will keep the players on their toes for the next ten games they play.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Mafia Discussion”