Automated vote counting

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by maxwell »

trying to test this out in chrome, doesn't seem to work though. have firefox on my laptop because i was planning to try to do something like this, will try it out there later
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 23, callforjudgement wrote:If the script is very sure that a particular comment is for a particular vote or unvote, it will automatically default to that (the player name needs to be spelled exactly right, although case doesn't matter, and be in a standard format like vote: callforjudgement, unvote, vote callforjudgement or VOTE: callforjudgement), so that in the obvious cases, the mod won't have to do the quality check (the quality check is still required in the case that the player misspells or abbreviates the name, though, or uses an unusual format).

Would it be possible to allow for aliasing of names? For instance, if people are constantly abbreviating a name the same way, like
Vote: cfj
, you could quality check it once and designate all future votes for cfj to automatically be counted as votes for callforjudgment.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 27, callforjudgement wrote:@maxwell: I think putting the name in the replacement list should work, although I'm not 100% certain about that.

this works.

great extension, the actual vote counting in votecounts usually isn't much trouble but formatting everything can be time-consuming and this takes the work out of it.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”