The Mafiascum Archives (Idea)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Good idea, or not? You decide.

Bad!
4%
Well, maybe. Just maybe.
No votes
Not bad.
No votes
Sounds good!
56%
I like it!
36%
I don't much care one way or the other.
4%
Other (please specify).
No votes

Total votes: 25

Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:28 am

Post by Ghyrt »

I'd be willing to be on the comittee for some games. You should PM mith to see if we can get a forum list page. I'm also wondering if it's possible (I'm sure it probably is) to copy games from their origional location; old games are eventually removed from their origional forums which means links, though ideal, won't work by themselves (Although it might be deemed practical to have a link index page as a sticky, referencing the copied games, assuming this gets it's own page).
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:28 am

Post by Ghyrt »

Correct me if I'm mistaken, as I don't know exactly how this site runs, but by making an organized effort to move and archive noteworthy games, you'd be able to delete old, ordinary games as you saw fit (this would help fix your problem as I understand it). Either way, I'd be willing to be on the committee that creates the link page.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:31 am

Post by Ghyrt »

BTW, I'm not putting-down the wiki idea. I think it sounds good too; I just think that more people will visit a library
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:18 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

mith wrote:Fix what problem? Why would we want to delete old games?
We don't want to, in theory, but you said the site is getting "crowded as it is". If you're limited in website size (again, I don't know) this would be a good filter; but since this doesn't seem like that big of a deal, I now agree that we simply need a link page for this.

IMHO, this should be a sticky in the disscussion page, with it's own mod/chairman, who would elect members who vote on all nominations. I agree that someday all games should be archived, but I think GreenLiquid intended for an on site list noteable games. It would be a relatively short list of games with short descriptions. For example Game X, nominated for having a really good cop, would have an appropriate brief description so that someone wanting to improve their cop skills could root through all games in the "cop" category. The reason I'm so addamant about this, is that right now, it is really hard to learn about strategies for specific roles if no one is currently talking about them. Once again, this could be a sticky instead.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

Mr. Flay wrote:Using the Wiki would of course be cool (and I'll help out in any way I can), but it is off-forum, as someone mentioned, and somewhat less likely to be visited. On the other hand, it's MUCH easier for someone to update the "main post" when voting changes. Maybe a sticky thread with the title, with a link to the Wiki page, which in turn links to all of the best of show games. The thread could contain the voting, since all of the games you want to read would be just two clicks away, and you wouldn't have to scan through 27 pages of 25 posts apiece....
So... is there gonna be a sticky? I said I'll help.
---Aldous Huxley[/i]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”