Making Vanilla Roles Fun

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Adele »

Kelly Chen wrote:I like to play as mason, but as a mod I think it is a rubbish role until masons have more incentive not to come out.
I was actually thinking about masons.
Concept Role PM wrote:You can PM "X" at night. "X" is pro-town, as are you. You both appear anti-town to cop investigations. You are a
masonic miller
Would that be a good thing or godawful?

On the wider topic, I'd like games to be slightly more complex or have something more to them, but not
too
absurd, and nothing that stops the scumhunting or gives the scum space to participate safely without making statements about the game. I mean, I'm the classic "theme" game player, with a short attention span, preferring minis, theme games, and power roles, but I really think that the vanilla role has its place - I like to play a variety of vanilla-containing and vanilla-free games.

Basically, I think people should have their pick, and (since of course vanilla-containing's the standard) I've seen people adevertise their game on the basis of it being vanilla-free. I
do
think it should be mentioned in the sign-up thread, since people expect between half the town and half the players to be vanilla, and a game with none at all is, I reckon, probably themed be definition, and there is a large group of people who, for some reason, like their games as boring as possible, they should have the chance to avoid it.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”