Question about handling priorities

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mmmmm, Mexican Standoff. I was disappointed in the distinct lack of A shoots B shoots C situations in the Reservoir Dogs mini. :evil:

First in first out sounds like a good idea on paper, but realistically it can penalize certain groups. I'm not sure it harms mafia much though, since kills are generally blocked by docs under most circumstances anyway. Who else needs to discuss and then choose, mason cops? It's not standard practice at MafiaScum though so you'd need to inform your players that was the case, if it was.

Generally speaking, I resolve night actions in the following order: roleblockers, protectors, investigators, recruiters, then killers.
Last edited by Mr. Flay on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Note: the order I listed above can be tweaked depending on whether your investigators should take precedence over recruiters in a specific game. Most of my investigative roles work based on evidence already in existence, which is why they generally won't know about a conversion that same evening. A psychic investigator or something of that kind might have different rules...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

This is an interesting one. A blocks B because there's no one to stop A. Does B get to act anyway because they sent their choice in first? Do they get to act because flavorwise, your blockers don't prevent certain types of actions? It would depend on the setup, and while I'm leaning toward B, it creates a paradoxical situation where Z blocking A prevents A from blocking B, which means B does in fact block killer C. I don't like that (it's like a Condorcet loop). So I'd probably resolve in favor of "blockers block anyone except other blockers, unless they block each other, in which case you Reboot the Universe due to an Out of Cheese error."

Return to “Mafia Discussion”