Who is responsible for avoiding short nights?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:32 am

Post by mith »

I generally have a minimum period for night. Aside from the information problem you just posted about, players occasionally change their minds over the course of night. As my night deadlines are usually 72 hours, my minimum length for night is 48 hours. And of course, if someone requests the whole 72 hours, I'll wait until then.

(This habit likely comes from modding meatworld games; the mod's interaction with the players during night can give away a lot of unintended information if the mod isn't careful.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:52 am

Post by mith »

I would much rather someone send a choice early that they might later change than not send a choice early and then miss the deadline.

As for pre-sending, it doesn't solve the information problem, unless pre-sending is required (i.e. no night, which I don't think is a good idea either). Some players will pre-send/send quickly, some players will take most/all of the deadline.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:54 am

Post by mith »

(I think waiting on choices after the "deadline" is just as bad, btw. It potentially gives away that a lurker has a choice, and nights should last a reasonable length of time.)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”