Reputation System

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

It's been mentioned before, and mostly seems to be more trouble than its worth. There was talk for a time of rating moderators, or rating players to increase/decrease the number of games they could be in, but it's probably asking for trouble. Despite the site's theme and purpose, we're a pretty friendly group OOC, and I'd hate to see that get damaged...
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:06 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

How did the warning system work, Mike? Was it like a mod-enforced signature line?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:33 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Oh. I think our problems are at the same time simpler (i.e. they happen less often) and more dangerous (high chance of ruining a multi-month game), and the game of mafia almost inherently sets itself up for players taking revenge on other players because they don't like their playstyle, they got them killed last game, etc.

So maybe players could only upgrade other players, as a reward, and list mods could give out negatives to players based on
input (to avoid a mod in one forum just downgrading someone globally because of play in a second game).

Or maybe the whole thing is still more trouble than it's worth. :) We seem to be scaling upward pretty well these days, with the changes to Queue limits...

Return to “Mafia Discussion”