Godfather theme

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

As in the film? I don't think so...it'd be tough to find enough Uninformed Majority roles in a film like that (I had the same problem with Usual Suspects).
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

remussaidow wrote:heck, for the usual suspects, the ones who THINK that they are the informed minority ARE the uninformed majority.
Reservoir Dogs was like that; the cops were the infiltrators amongst a group of crooks just trying to get along... I didn't want to do another game like that so soon after, plus I've got a couple other reverse games in mind.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:27 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

More than anything else, though, it makes the daygame completely random/useless. If everyone's motivation is "kill anyone not on my team", lynches give you very little information. That's the whole idea behind the Uninformed Majority (or at least Plurality): you can't just lynch blindly because that person MIGHT be on your team.

Look up Gay Mafia in New York and the Rock Paper Scissors mini for examples. NYPD Mafia was similar but not exactly the same, if I remember correctly (should also be in New York).
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:49 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Modding Requirements to the rescue; a large-size Theme Game requires two successfully moderated games.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”