Endless Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Karo
Karo
Townie
Karo
Townie
Townie

Endless Mafia

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:05 am

Post by Karo »

Seeing the "Let us count to 10000000000 and actually do it" thread in the other forum made me think. Since this is
the
place for mafia, with all its silly variants, why not add another one of those silly variants to it (or at least suggest it)?

Endless Mafia
would be played endlessly on the forum (there might be a cooler name, but I have yet to find it).

Rules needed to be tweaked obviously. Neither town nor scum should be able to win and end the game. To give players some feeling of archivement, they'd gain points though:

Townies:

Having taken part in the lynch of x members = points
Staying alive for x rounds = more points
Having successfully used their ability (not sure about this, hard to quantify) = even more points

Scum:

Staying alive for x rounds = a certain amount of points

They can even participate more than once in the game, even if they were killed. To avoid confusion, they should only be allowed to re-enter if the whole of the players they have played with has been revolved, so no player would mistake the reentered player with his former role.

Once a player dies, another one would immediately enter the game with a role that would balance the current mix of roles available.

So, what if town hits a number of scum and just lynches every player entering the game? Frankly I don't know yet. I am open for your valuable suggestions though. :D

I am still working on the details, especially the game mechanics, but I think it could be archived.

What do you think? Am I making sense here? I am really interested in you opinions. Question is, would you be interested in the game? :)
Karo
Karo
Townie
Karo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Karo »

I see. So the idea hasn't catched on yet. I'll have to think about that a while.
Thanks for pointing out that game on GL.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”