The Mod Kill

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue May 01, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, I don't really think modkilling should be used for inactivity, as a general rule.

On the other hand, modkilling as a response to player cheating is fair, as otherwise the side that cheated gets an advantage even if the player who cheated gets replaced. For example, if you break the rules and quote enough of your PM so as to make you a confirmed innocent, that's unfair to the mafia, and replacing you dosn't solve that problem as your replacement is now a confirmed innocent; the only way to maintain balance at that point is to modkill the player who claimed. I'm very clear about that in my rules when I mod; this is always one of my rules, even in game where it's not really relevent:
Yos's rules wrote: Do not quote any PM's from the mod. Don't try to get around this rule by hinting at how many words were in the mod's PM to you, or what the first word of it was, or that the mod misspelled the fourth word in your PM, or by finding any other way to reveal the exact phrasing of the PM the mod sent you. This is a modkillable offense.
Because it really annoys me when mods let people get away with "Oh, I'm not going to quote my townie PM, but the 3'rd word is "town", the 7th's word is "purple", and the 14'th word is "microscopic". And everyone else says "Ok, he's a townie". I know there's other ways of dealing with it, like giving the town PM in the first mod post, but I also think that anything like that should ALWAYS be covered under the "quoting the mod's pm's" rule.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Tue May 01, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

StallingChamp wrote:Yeah... In McDonald's Mafia, I managed to nail a scum, and confirm an innocent based on wording of the PM. At the time, I didn't consider it against the rules to ask DoS (Mafia) whether his claimed role (customer) was "townie, a customer" or "Customer, a townie", which he got wrong.

Should I have been mod-killed for that?
Yeah. Well, either that, or I would have announced that if he answered that question he would be modkilled.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Mafia Discussion”