Oldy Mafia 2

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Last Oldy mafia was predominantly 2006 and older. Ythill I believe was the only original player with a 2007 join date.

I remember you scumlurking through the entire game, Poro. Do you intend to actually play this time? ;) Or would you be modding?

I also remember UT tactically replacing out as scum and I still hate him a little for that.

Generally interested.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:05 pm

I misremembered. Oldy Mafia 1 happened in 2010 and featured several people with join date 2007.

2009 seems an appropriate cut off with a decent shot at getting a large together.

EDIT: Though I suppose there's still enough people around from that era that the game wouldn't feel very special. The main draw of the original for me was that quite a few inactive old timers came back for it.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:18 pm

If this is happening and I'm a part of it, I only have one request in terms of set-up, and that is for it to be suitably old school. No neighbors, ninjas, fruit vendors, etc.

No hydras either.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sun May 04, 2014 6:27 am

Resurrection wish list:
Pooky
LML
Thok
Ibaesha
Talitha
Seol
mathcam
Vismaior
Save the Dragons
Kelly Chen
BabyJesus
MBF
Dragon Phoenix
MeMe
Spectrumvoid
Stoofer
Zindaras
al_kohaulec
Pablito
Adele

If you're not on this list, you were in the first Oldy Mafia (MBL, Glork, Yos, etc.) or I've seen you recently enough that you're not in need of resurrection (Thesp, etc.) or I've shamefully forgotten about you, but needless to say I'd be thrilled to play with you again.

Go big I say. Get a couple of blockbuster comebacks and I figure the rest of the oldies will get out of hibernation and flock to this thread. ;)
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:54 am

In post 26, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 20, CrashTextDummie wrote:I've shamefully forgotten about you
:(
Yeah, sorry, you're a newbie. :p
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Mon May 05, 2014 10:56 am

In post 27, Patrick wrote:I've sent a mass PM to everyone who played in the previous one, minus those who have already posted here.
You could have mass PMed my resurrection wishlist while you were at it. ;)
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Tue May 06, 2014 2:53 am

This is shaping up to be quite a game!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Tue May 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Oh come on, Ether. You know you want to play in this game. You did win the last one for us in endgame! ;)

Also, apologies for forgetting VitR, indeed an amazing vet. But really, there are a lot of people I could have wished for. Erg0, GreenLiquid, Norinel, Brian McQueso, etc. The list is endless.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Wed May 07, 2014 2:57 am

In post 53, Patrick wrote:
CTD wrote:You could have mass PMed my resurrection wishlist while you were at it.
Just PMed your entire wish list. I'm not holding my breath, but anybody we get out of there would be great.
<3<3<3

I'm a lazy bastard and should have done it myself, but thanks much!

And look, already a smashing success! OMG LML! OMG Zindy! Welcome back!

Zindaras, standard deadlines are shorter these days, 2-3 weeks. I'm fine with going for short deadlines in the interest of keeping the game from becoming a 100+ page monster anyway. By the looks of it, we're going for another large, i.e. 20ish people.

EDIT: OMG Thesp!
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Wed May 07, 2014 10:12 am

In post 59, Mr. Flay wrote:I have Stoofer on FB.
Could you drop him a note in case PMs don't reach him anymore?

Heya CES, StD, Green Crayons, Yos! How much more awesome can this player list get?
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #10) » Fri May 09, 2014 6:26 am

PJ is in. Glork is in. VitR is (sneakily) in. Come on you maybes, this player list is irresistible.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Sun May 11, 2014 2:37 am

In post 99, mikeburnfire wrote:Wow! That's a lot of cool cats in the sign-ups there. Might have to break it up tournament-style or something. Or have a few 1v1 gladiator fights to the death to see who earns the honor.

I mean, any game with DG, PJ, and Glork is a game I want in on. Then again, I usually hate games larger than 15 players. I'm so conflicted.
Heya MBF, how come you always manage to be late to these things? ;)

I empathize with people who worry about the size of the game, but breaking it up into smaller games kind of goes against the spirit of the idea. I want to play with
all
of you again!

Game length could be tweaked on the set-up end, i.e. by making it multi-faction and openly declaring it as such.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #12) » Mon May 12, 2014 8:10 am

In post 110, Thesp wrote:/out, /in as potential replacement. Sorry. Willing to consider split games.
In post 111, Zindaras wrote:I didn't think there was any game that could lure me out of retirement, but this has gotten really close. Sadly, I simply don't think I can manage to put enough time in it, especially with the way my life is right now, and not for the number of months this game would call for. I'm sorry. Maybe next time.
Aw. :(

Understandable though and it was nevertheless a pleasure to see you again around these parts!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”