Day 1 claims: how useful?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Dr. Doom
Dr. Doom
Goon
Dr. Doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sat May 19, 2007 11:52 pm

Post by Dr. Doom »

Thestatusquo wrote:Vanilla townies should always claim doc day one, so as to draw the scum kill for the next night.
Absolutely don't! The real Doc will think they are scum, and probably counterclaim. Even if he does not, the Scum will have a good guess at the real Doc from how the Game develops.
The way we do it now, where the common stratagy is "good guys don't lie" or at least "good guys don't generally lie",at least if you bandwagon someone and they claim doc, you know that they're either the doc or the scum; and if they are the scum, and the real doc counterclaims, you can lynch without having to seriously consider a "Ok, I'm not really a doc, I'm a lying townie" response. And if there's not a counterclaim, then knowing the person is either the doc or the scum, the town can choose to avoid that risk and lynch someone else, which also helps the town a great deal. So there are a lot of advantages for the town to the good guys not lying in this kind of situation; switching to a "good guys always lie" stratagy like you're suggesting would badly hurt the town.
100% Acknowledge. The Main thing is, that if Town holds to "LAL/Good Guys don't lie", then a claim will either mean scum or the claimed role, so the player with teh real role will know whats going on, and the other Townies only have to consider two options/can disregard any "Okay, I lied, I am really a townie" defense entirely.
Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom, you are an artist. - Oman

Return to “Mafia Discussion”