Mod Effort?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Thok »

One thing to be careful about; the more complicated the role PM's are, the more likely town will attempt to use that to it's advantage. At some point that starts being part of a balance issue.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Thok »

Zindaras wrote:
Thok wrote:One thing to be careful about; the more complicated the role PM's are, the more likely town will attempt to use that to it's advantage. At some point that starts being part of a balance issue.
Only possible if there's a distinctive thing tying all town PMs together. If all the PMs are worded in the same way, no metagaming's going to help, because Mafia can fake a PM just as easily as a townie.
I claim that in a game where PM's look like the second version of the Glork PM's, it's much harder to make up a good fake claim. Basically, the point is that now I need to be able to imitate the writing style of the player in question, and figure out what would be a reasonable story from him.

Let me put it this way; if a mod gave you a one shot ability to force him to write a fake role PM for you to use, you'd definately use it in the second game, and wonder what the hell the mod was thinking in the first game.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”