The IC and SE System

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by Espeonage »

What i've seen happen on other sites (not mafia, but complicated board games and such) is that they assign an experienced player to each newbie game. That person acts more like a consultant and analyst. They are available to help with theory and definition questions and post game they do an in depth analysis of everyone's play and where they could have gone better and what they missed and such.

In newbies I've played in, there seems to be a very heavy focus among newbie players of a burden of proficiency. Some newbies also rely on experienced players to carry the game for them. I think that having someone that is easily PM-able and is tracking progress in the game is potentially a good idea and maybe better than having them occupy an in game slot. This person would then be able to perform all the functions of an IC without actually being a part of the game. Newbies could ask questions in thread or PM them if they prefer and the mentor would have to keep close track of the game.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 26, N wrote:Nobody would want that job.

I'd rather do it than IC.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:34 pm

Post by Espeonage »

You don't need heaps though. I think it would be less of a sign up for each game thing and rather you gather a wide-ish team of trusted players and they get games in turn in a cycle.

Just work out average length of game and how often a game starts, do a shoutout people sign up. You pick from them and then if people can't devote enough time to be on the team then let people sign up for a one time tutoring role after being cleared by the committee.

There's a little bit of data analysis to set it up, and then go for it.
Don't @ me.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”