New Normal Guidelines - April 2017 update!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 21, Wake1 wrote:I like this.

We need more standardized roles added to the list of explicitly Normal roles.

What I'd like to see is a new modifier of sorts added. "Loud." When a player with the Loud modifier targets a player at Night, the target will become informed that something targeted him or her successfully, but won't be told anything else.

Also, does the Friendly Neighbor grant a confirmed status? It says it's stronger than IC.

Would also like to see the 'Hated' and 'Loved' abilities standardized and used in Normal games. Something new for Scum to use besides role cop/roleblock, etc.

The "Loud" or "noisy" modifier isn't a bad idea, actually, and I really like it from a design standpoint. It opens up some interesting design space. However, I don't think it has been used quite enough to say it should be "normal". I don't think I've ever seen it. Perhaps if it starts showing up in more games?

Friendly Neighbor confirms via mod to another player in the game. It's stronger than IC because scum know who IC is, as does town, whereas in this situation, if you hit a town target with it, scum are none the wiser.

I'm not sure what 'hated' and 'loved' abilities are.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 24, Wake1 wrote:Could we please have a modifier that allows the player to only use an ability during X-Day?

Call it an 'Day-X' ability. Like, say, a player who can only use a doc ability during Day 4: a
Day-4 Doctor

I believe this came up before and got shot down but I can't find the discussion anywhere backstage.

My personal opinion on this is that if you have to balance a role by only allowing it to be used on a certain day, you're probably not balancing the game correctly. But I don't recall what other NRG members felt.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Best Friends aren't going to be used, I'm afraid. The power in masons comes from the confirmed town status. That ability is so powerful, that the communication part of it is incidental. They're not "significantly" weaker, they're incidentally weaker but not by much.

'hated' and 'loved' fuck with votes and that's something we don't really want in normals atm (hence doublevoter being gone)

FN is basically a one-shot cop investigation, reversed. I think it's more balanced than one shot cop, really, because it can never get a guilty result, and will only ever give a town result.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Mostly because we didn't want SOME games having kill flavor and SOME games not having kill flavor. We don't think the source of various different kills should be given away in the flavor.

Also, Wake, I'd be careful in this thread with how much you're saying "going to try this in a LN" or whatever.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Mafia Discussion”