TempBan for Players Who Sign Up and Refuse To Play

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:10 am

Post by saulres »

I support the gist, but don't understand how you differentiate between the example you gave and lurkers, nor how to define the rule to make it enforceable.

For example, what happens when Player A says "Hey Player C, why haven't you posted anything game related in all of your 50 posts?" and Player C ignores it?

Or when a player is prodded and in response posts "prod received" and nothing else until the next they're prodded? Is that lurking, or trolling? Either way it's "refusing to play"...
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by saulres »

Maybe in my next game I'll add a rule for removing players who are objectionable to the masses. Like in addition to voting, you could use the Hurt tag and if the same number of people needed to lynch Hurt a player, that player is force-replaced. That means town doesn't have to waste a policy lynch.

Usable only during D1 (maybe D2, and probably usable on any replacement who comes in on a later day, for one game day).
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 67, Kagami wrote:If a mod removed a player for being flagrantly unhelpful, even if by the request of the players, I would consider it evidence that the player is town.

If I remove any player on the request of other players, it is no reflection of the removed player's alignment. I've seen both town and scum be singularly unhelpful. I have one person in mind who's acted the same way in both alignments, and while I'm blacklisting said player from any of my games, I may not be aware of others.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by saulres »

Hm. I'll have to think about it.

Hopefully all those players could be weeded out pre-game though. That would be for the best.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by saulres »

I've been told there was a misreference and I should delete this.
Last edited by saulres on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 91, pirate mollie wrote:nothing more frusating than when some1 replaces in and derp votes w/o bothering to read any part of the game or pay attention to the tl;dr version that they asked for and votes (or doesn't vote at all) recklessly while saying "I don't care LULZ"

In post 92, Wisdom wrote:It is frustrating sure, but you can't ask for bans on people because you don't like how they're playing. Just avoid playing with them.

How do you avoid playing with someone who replaces in? Replace out and give up all the work you've done while making the job harder for the mod?

I did in one game ask for all the player's blacklists before the game started to prevent that sort of thing. The response wasn't great so I didn't repeat but maybe I should.
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Mafia Discussion”