Is playstyle allignment inficative?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by T S O »

Theoretically, no. In practice, if your "playstyle" happens to be very scummy/very useless, you're probably going to end up dead quickly.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:37 am

Post by T S O »

Sometimes, when I'm town, I feel like even though the lynch I'm pushing is likely scum, even if it doesn't flip scum, it's still going to be kinda beneficial to town to have these people removed, usually because their playstyle is a mix of lurk/uselessness. The fact is that some games are essentially a race between town and scum as the former try to get the latter lynched before the latter can kill the competent among the former, which tends to be quite low. The only way to sort these people is to lynch them, while you can essentially sort competent people by if they're alive on d5 or not.

What I'm trying to say here is that you can say that your playstyle is unique and all of that, which is fine, but if your "playstyle" contains negative traits, mainly lurking or incompetence, then your playstyle is going to get you lynched a lot, so you should really try to change that.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis

Return to “Mafia Discussion”