Game Balance

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by Axelrod »

What message board was that anyway? Bet I know someone there....:)

Seol likes to badmouth pointing, but the simple fact is, I've been doing it for a long time and it
does
work. It's not the be-all and end-all. But it will definitely get you in the right ball park. Looking at things like best case and worse case scenarios is also important, and depending on one's "theme" or particular role interactions, one might adjust certain point values (that's where the "experience" comes in).

But it does work.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Twomz wrote:Reasons it doesn't work...

5 cops vs 4 basic mafia... even with investigation start... is not a balanced setup irl, but by a point system it is.
You know, using such an extreme example does not actually prove that the idea is not valid.

It's almost like you said "hey, all you people who think smoking causes lung cancer, look at this guy right here, been smoking 5 packs a day for 25 years, and never even coughed a day in his life. I guess that pretty much disproves
that
theory."

What you describe isn't even a "Mafia" set-up under any common sense understanding of the terms.

Out of curiosity, however, assuming a "Cop head start", exactly which side do you think that set-up is unbalanced in favor of anyway?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”