Game Balance

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, read the thread talking about back-ups; if there is a doc-cop combo going, then adding a backup doc or a backup cop (especally a backup doc) more then doubles the power of the town, becuase it makes it virtually impossible for the scum to find and kill BOTH docs before the cop wins the game for the town singlehandedly and inevitably, and the fact that after the first doc dies the mafia tends to waste a kill attempt on the cop before they even know there's a back-up.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Oman wrote:its overpowered to the scum.
They only need 1 mislynch.
1 misvote even.
Yeah, but odds the cops will have at least one guilty a night, lowering the odds of any mislynches. The scum will of course also claim cop and may also claim guilty, but there's a high risk of:

A: Cop A has a guilty, cop B has an innocent on cop A

or

B. Scum A claims to be cop with guilty on B, real cop C gets a guilty on B

I don't know. Considering that even one mislynch at any point leads to a scum win, it may actually be almost a balanced setup, so long as the scum carefully plan out their gambits before the game starts. All in all, though, I'd say the town has the edge.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Twomz wrote:Yos, All the mafia have to do is pretend they have investigation results and jump on the first person with 1 or 2 votes on them. It would play out like a really fast imbalanced dethy game.
(shrug) Well, the difference between this and deathy is that in this all the pro-town cops are sane, which means if they get a little lucky they might be able to "solve" the entire game day 1. "I investigated player A, I know he's innocent. He said he got an investigation on player B, so I know B is innocent. B got an innocet investigation on player C, so I know C is innocent. And C got a guilty investigation on player D. vote:D "

Return to “Mafia Discussion”