Where can I find behind-the-scenes scum strategies?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Plotinus »

I am pretty proud of the History Mafia II scum pt. I had 2 partners who were newer players and one was replaced by another newer player and they were pretty great and we worked well together and did lots of planning and stuff and starting halfway through, there are pretty charts. Game thread.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:11 pm

Post by Plotinus »

I thought you were lynchable because of the way KT was coached into fooling you. I was probably wrong about this, actually, because others were townreading you in LYLO, but I felt that I could make a case that your 20 page argument with KT was scum theatre because to everybody else but you guys, that argument was mostly noise that we didn't understand; it was important to you to get a read on him but everybody else was baffled.

And then you decided he was town and he decided you were town and you kissed and made up. Sometimes scum do that: have a big fight early on and then they stop fighting suddenly and become friends again. It wasn't true because you were town, but I felt it was a believable stance for me to take about that argument.

and then a lot of the town thought it was weird that the two of you were voting openly together. I'm not sure scum would be as blatant with the voting as you guys were but since townies were suspicious of that i could have pushed there.

Before the modkill, we didn't want to lynch you because of your support for KT's slot, and after the modkill it was hard to push you because we'd taken the "coach him into the kind of behaviour that i can townread with a straight face and then townread him for it" route, and I don't like pushing people who are behaving the same way as I am (you, spiffeh), so I would have had to taken a different route to push you (like I did with spiffeh).

It didn't come up, though.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4

Return to “Mafia Discussion”