Daytalk for Newbies

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #58 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm pretty sure anyone who plays their first game of mafia as scum would be completely lost on what to do. A coaching role would be a boon in both making the game more fun and for showing how to play the game, and in the end isn't that the point, to learn how to play?

If this were to be implemented I'd say to just have it always as part of the setup. No encryptors, that'd be messing with the matrix6 and only having day talk sometimes would ruin the point.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #92 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Elbirn »

I think mina might be one of my favorite people
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #116 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:37 am

Post by Elbirn »

I think it's also worth noting that the one game that scum lost was two newbie scum.

It certainly appears that scum day talk is a huge advantage, but is there any way balance can be restored to the force?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #137 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Elbirn »

I'm still on the side of have day talk or not. Having it for one day seems odd mechanically to me. Idk.

And with a 12% winrate for town I'm leaning towards "not".
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #150 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 149, quadz08 wrote:Balance is a lesser concern than player retention and learning in newbie games

please do not forget this

But player retention hasn't been significantly changed, and a game should still be reasonably winnable by either side, and a 12% winrate doesn't sound like it's reasonable for town to win.

Question, in these games, what percentage of the time is the IC town/scum? How often are the SE's town/scum?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #168 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 161, Ether wrote:The scum won in a 4-player endgame, but there was still an unclaimed unspent bulletproof going into night, and pisskop called the game prematurely. There was still a 50/50 shot that the game could have gone to Day 4.

Sooo...
I guess I'm not wholly familiar with rules, and I've never modded a game and blablabla.

But I thought that the scum win when they = 50% of the population. While it can be extrapolated that this is because at this point they can't be lynched, and therefore if other factors in play can effect this the game shold continue...idk I just thought traditionally the game is called at this point because that's the way it be.

So if there are 4 living players, and 2 of them are scum, I'd say the scum won. No?

Also I'm confused, your situation implies 2/2 going into night....why would it matter if there's a bullet proof at that point? Even if they hit the bullet proof, it's still 2/2, the town can't lynch. Both scum could claim scum and nothing could be done about it. And that's not even considering that again I'd think the game would have been declared over the instant scum made up half the population.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”