Why have unconfirmed Mason partners?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

In my mind the point of having masons is the confirmed innocence.

It can be useful to talk to somebody at night even if you don't know they're town. But such conversations/interrogations don't end up in the thread, and I'm reluctant to create that kind of information.

I don't like masons really. If I put masons in a setup someday it'll be lovers (confirmed innocent), so that if the masons out themselves the scum get a 2-for-1.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:08 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Outside of flavorful games, I don't like that answer. If you don't confirm the masons then the effect on the balance of having the masons is really unclear (and is kind of dependent on masons' innocence rate in other games). And I don't like "you can talk outside the thread" as the basis of a role. I want scumhunting to happen within the thread.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:10 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Primate wrote:
And I don't like "you can talk outside the thread" as the basis of a role. I want scumhunting to happen within the thread
Yeah, but it's during night. It's not a 'in thread' vs 'out of thread', it's 'out of thread' vs 'not at all'.
My desire here is not to have as much scumhunting as possible, but that as much of the game as possible occur in the thread.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

It seems to me that's because masons are usually both protown. But if you're talking to your partner to try to figure out whether they're scum, in my mind that would be better in the thread.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”