Perma-vote -- been tried before?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I would just never vote until I'm ready to end the day. In fact, I'd probably insist on being the hammer every day, in order to conserve my vote.
Well, or else if it was obveous person A was going to be lynched, you could put your vote on person B just to set up for the next day's lynch.

One problem, Peers; it seems like if things go a certain way, you could easily get to a late-game situation where it's impossible to lynch anyone, or anyone who any town people will be willing to vote for, like with a cop investigated innocent having 4 votes on him when there's 3 pro-town people left. If the town can't reach the 7 votes, is that an automatic no-lynch (and perhaps an automatic scum win)?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Yos still brings up a good point. What happens when none of the scum have enough votes on them for the town to lynch them? What if there are 3 town left and 1 scum, and said scum only had 3 votes on him? He's not going to vote for himself. The town will probably lynch someone else with enough votes to actually get a lynch, then the scum nightkills another town and wins. You're basically setting up situations for the scum to get a win far before they should get one in a normal game. Generally, with 1 scum and 3 townies left, the town actually has a chance.
Hmmm...although, that's not a situation where the town is doomed; if the town correcly guess the identity of the last scum, the correct move there is to have all 3 townies put their votes on the scum, putting him at 6 votes. That's a no-lynch, the scum kills a townie, but the next day the town can lynch the last scum who now has 6 votes on him.

Of course, if the last scum has 0 votes on him in a 3 town 1 scum situation, he auto-wins.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sarcastro wrote:Wouldn't the ideal strategy just be for nobody to vote until enough people agree to vote for someone? This game seems to assume that everyone would use votes the same way they normally do, which would obviously not happen.
Actually, no, just the opposite; you want a few "floating" votes on people who look scummy, so you can lynch them later when you have less pro-town people avalable, so you probably want the town to spread their votes around a bit so long as you have enough to lynch. Of course, that also makes it easier for scum to quicklynch later.

Hmmm....I can imagine vast amounts of time wasted trying to figure out exactally what the best mathmatical way to arrange the voting patters are before everyone votes, possibly leading nowhere. It might be best to have strict deadliens in this kind of game.

Edit: Wow, there were an amazing number of typos in that post.
Last edited by Yosarian2 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”