RVS

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #40 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 38, callforjudgement wrote:One of the things that annoys me about RVS is people being random for the sake of being random.

You certainly can have good reads day 1! But they happen after RVS is over and people are making "serious" votes and accusations, rather than random ones. RVS is just a way to transition into the position where people might potentially be serious. (Unless there's a good reason to do something else, and there rarely is, I try to always vote my top scumread as town. This is even true during day 1. You don't have much information to go on, but anything is better than nothing, or random.)

Trying to do anything in RVS but cause it to end as quickly as quickly as possible is a bad thing, though. (I've actually been considering ways to end it earlier and thus give town a more informative D1. I think you'd have to do something very grandstandy, not sure what yet though. Possibly claiming, if you have a role that's even potentially beneficial to claim. That said I feel that people normally push for individual claims early but massclaim late, and I wouldn't really want to be a part of that.)

I typically end RVS with my first post that has any content(that is, my first post that isn't a /confirm) but it's usually with a wide net cast about setup spec and public information and mechanics for the game I'm playing. It's not something that works outside of theme games with crazy mechanics or opens with lots of roles. I suppose sometimes you can also go to end RVS by doing the inverse of it and picking players you enjoy working with and simply assuming their town and work to solve the game immediately. That'll certainly get a lot of attention off the stupid rvs and into the things that really matter.

You could also fake claim miller/ascetic/some other negative modifier that people should always claim as early as possible. Every game. :P No counterclaim risk/loss to town, because millers should ALWAYS be claiming as early as possible D1, and it'll get people talking about something game relevant. ^^

Of course, this might get you lynched when you tell the game you're not actually a miller. :D
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 41, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 40, Cerberus v666 wrote:You could also fake claim miller/ascetic/some other negative modifier that people should always claim as early as possible. Every game. :P No counterclaim risk/loss to town, because millers should ALWAYS be claiming as early as possible D1, and it'll get people talking about something game relevant. ^^

Of course, this might get you lynched when you tell the game you're not actually a miller. :D

If you ever get in a situation where you fakeclaim miller, why would you ever take back the claim?

The only potential downside is that you get investigated or something. (Which indicates you're town anyway?)

Valid point. I suppose you might get rolecopped, but as long as you're just claiming alignment miller, rather than universal miller, you won't confuse any investigative results...and I guess you'd also be helping narrow the pool of slots alignment cops should be checking out(though making it more likely that a role cop would check you). Only reason to claim is if people start pulling out setup spec stuff and dismissing possibilities because "x is a miller whatever and that doesn't make sense with this other stuff".

So yeah. Hmm. All upside! Always claim miller!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 43, Zachrulez wrote:I mean I'm questing from the perspective of already pulling off the fakeclaim as town. Fakeclaiming miller is pretty perilous as it makes town really want to lynch you just for that fact alone.

I disagree. If your first post of the game is "I'm a miller." like 40% of the game AT LEAST is going to consider you practically conftown. If a miller CC comes up, depending on the mod, I would expect a majority of the game to immediately want to lynch you. When the game gets close to lylo(because scum aren't going to shoot the miller claim(though a vig might), you COULD just cost the town the game at that point because they'll just lynch you for safety. So that's where the peril comes. Just claiming miller by itself will do more to get you townread rather than lynched in the early game imo.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”