How do you take your mafia skills to the next level?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 21, Killthestory wrote:
In post 19, Albert B. Rampage wrote:It takes 3, 5, 7 years to get good, not months.
i disagree. you should know if youre good or not within a couple months. if you arent good, youll never be as good as someone who found they were good

i don't think this is true and being "good" is hard to measure

i think a "good" scum hunter has a lot of the same qualities as a good poker player - you can learn to be more successful than not, but unlike poker, there's no huge incentive to do so (and, hey, even in poker, a lot of people don't try to improve but it's not because they can't, it's because they don't)

simple things like reducing the amount of times you get lynched, avoiding lapses in logic, working with and persuading others are easy to learn - accuracy is mostly pattern recognition on top of a good foundation of logic a i don't think this is that hard to learn, either. besides, despite what some people might boast, the majority of players probably have average accuracy or very slightly below or above average accuracy based on what you'd expect by random chance. i say "probably" because a small sample size (ie almost anyone's game history) makes it hard to determine how "accurate" someone really is (which also happens to be one of the ways i think mafia resembles poker)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “Mafia Discussion”