I am opinionated about modding

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #49 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I love this list
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I am 14 and I can appreciate a good dad joke.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 42, Plotinus wrote:
In post 33, mastin2 wrote:I VERY strongly disagree with this.

The longer your ruleset, the more likely it is that I'm just going to ignore it entirely and not even bother reading it.

Dead serious, if your rules are longer than a screenwidth and contain basic, redundant, and even obsolete information that's frankly unnecessary to include? I'm not reading that shit. I'm just assuming you don't have anything remotely surprising in your rules.

In contrast, if I see a short, neat, ruleset that is directly to the point and contains just the essentials? Damn right I'll read it. It's short. I have no reason not to read it.
I want to make my ruleset shorter but my players keep making me feel the need to add more rules. For example the reason my rule about quoting the PT is a paragraph long is because when it was "Don't quote any private communicaiton you have access to. Paraphrasing is okay" i got so many questions and it was a hassle.

I didn't used to have "don't talk about ongoing games" in my ruleset, because I thought everybody knew that rule but then it turned out that they didn't.

In my first VC of Day 1, I always put this note: "Please take a moment to familiarise yourselves with my ruleset because I have some rules you may not have encountered in other games before regarding animated gifs, tiny text, prodging, proxying, last words, fallback kills and perhaps some other things!"

Because I figure most people are going to skim the rules and think "blahblah if I vote people I can lynch them blahblah i will get prodded if i don't post okay nothing new" and will miss that I do actually have some exciting rules in my ruleset.

noooo proxying is awful
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 63, Plotinus wrote:why don't you like proxying? if someone goes away, they can lend their vote to their townread until they post in the game again. it's to prevent the game from compeltely grinding to a halt on weekends.

No one shpuld be able to use your vote.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

oh if only when vla it seems ok
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 71, talah wrote:Vote-proxying can also be used to see what someone does with the extra vote, so I agree with it being used strategically at times but I don't really see it being a problem either way. I know of at least some mods who let it happen as a matter of course - it's just an extension of sheeping without having to sheep.

Get a Room threads on the other hand? I mean I think it's interesting but shutting people out of conversations... to me I'd be pissed even if there had been too much spam. Not knowing what x and y had been talking about if they both came back into the thread and started ganging up on me (or another townread of mine, or conversely if they dropped a scumread they'd been previously discussing and which I also had) might just end up with me asking repeatedly what specifically had been going on in that thread... possibly leading to another Room thread with x, y and me (probably voted by *other* players when I start reading into what might have been said instead of what was actually said and getting grumpy about it).

I like the feel of the mechanic as part of a specific *game's* ruleset but not as a standard thing that just happens.

Then again, I haven't looked at what happens in practice, so that's just a feeling :)

yea i can agree with this is pretty much gives everyone in the game the power to neighborize.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”