I am opinionated about modding

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Persivul »

I like to know that a game is not multiball. Personally I don't think multiball is really mafia and I don't like to play it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 122, Davsto wrote:As someone reading it, I'm perfectly happy just to scroll down the mod's ISO to the endgame post or the mod thread where all of the info is, because I'm not so lazy that I'll give up if it isn't in the OP.

Updating the OP makes it a lot easier for people who are later researching meta, and it only takes a few minutes to do it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:16 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 0, N wrote:Votecounts
Try and put a votecount as near to the top of every page as possible, but that doesn't mean post four bumps at the bottom of the last page.
Post a votecount every page, or as often as possible; if you get online and your game is five posts from the bottom of the page and haven't posted a votecount for a few pages, post a goddamn votecount. If you have time to prod someone, you have time to post a votecount. It doesn't matter if no votes have changed; pages have increased and deadline has decreased.
Also try to post a votecount every day, even if there's already one on that page. This is so the players know you're alive and don't come to me worried you're dead.

I would add: number your vote counts in day.count number format, i.e. the third VC on day 2 is VC 2.3. Make the lynch VC 2.FINAL. Most mods do this but some don't. It's much easier to find what you need when scrolling through the mod's ISO if they're numbered like this.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Persivul »

That's why that info is spoilered.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Persivul »

Or rather, should be spoilered.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Persivul »

Point is that they should indicate day and number. As long as they do that, the style isn't important. If the mod is more into dashes than dots, whatever.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”