How do you mod a game?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue May 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Ether »

Go to the open or mini normal queues. Type /in to mod.

If you run an open, the queue will take forever to get to you, but eventually LlamaFluff will send you a PM about it. First-time mods have to pick from three setups of his choice. For a mini normal, you can design the setup; then while you're still in the queue, there's a process to get it reviewed. Don't be tacky, the players are what'll make or break your game, just make a mini normal and run it.

Keep the first post updated, ideally post a votecount on every page as close to the top of the page as possible, send out prods (there's an activity overview in the bottom-right corner of the page that will help you track this), react to deadlines and hammers quickly. Open up a PT for the scum, another to store mod information (give your backup mod access to this; put role assignments in here and keep it updated with people's night actions), and a third PT for dead people and spectators.

Sooner or later, you will have to find replacements. Your first resort is the Replacements thread in the queue. But you might have to go to increasingly desperate lengths if that falls through. It helps to have friends. (This is also true during signups.)

If you type cutscenes, don't wait to change to finish writing them to start/end the night phase. Lots of people don't even read cutscenes; it's okay to just edit them in later.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Wed May 11, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Ether »

PTs are private by default. When you start one, the options underneath the opening post have a spot where you can add users. You can add more people later by editing that first post.

There's a weird thing where if you preview the post, anyone you've just added gets forgotten. (People added in previous edits still have access.) It doesn't stick unless adding people is the last thing you do before you hit "Submit."
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Wed May 11, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Ether »

Yes. When you have the rights to start a game topic, you can also make PTs.
As I move my vote
LOUDER

Return to “Mafia Discussion”