Scum QT/private topics

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Tue May 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

I read PTs, at least in games I've played in. (There's often a lot going on that I'm unclear on and am curious about, especially if I was town; the mod's night action rundown explains what but often not why.) And I often leave notes for the other players to read after the game in PTs I have access to (typically the scum/dead PT, although I've used a mason PT for the purpose in the past after my mason partner died).

One of the best arguments I can see for releasing them is that it avoids asymmetrical meta; if player A explains their tells to player B because they're scum together, then in some future game player A and player B are both playing and player B is trying to make a case on player A, they'd have trouble explaining their argument because it's based on information that's legal to talk about but that never became public. If player C who didn't play in the first game is trying to make a case on player A, they don't have the PT available and so are missing the line of argument. So by leaving PTs unreleased, you're giving an objective (if small) advantage to players who have played more games; it's not a level playing field.

Incidentally, what do people think of the idea of the mod creating hydra PTs and requiring hydras to use them, and releasing them after the game? They're as much a part of the game as the scum PT is.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”