I am opinionated about modding

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #119 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 115, Davsto wrote:When a game ends and scum wins, should you put endgamed town players in the dead spoiler? Or not since they didn't die?

I consider endgamed town players dead, as the mafia would have shot them all anyway.

Speaking of which, please put all the flips (even the survivors') in your finished game's OP. Otherwise, you're a bad moderator; no exceptions.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #143 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Equinox »

My statement was partly hyperbolic in keeping with the theme (see OP) and partly out of sheer frustration when updating game records as a list moderator. If it was a matter of one or two moderators doing it, I'd just shake my head and call it a day. Easily a third -- if not majority -- of the moderators are either not updating their OPs, not including replacements in their OPs, or outright exclude essential information that I then have to find in player posts or not at all.

For the record, Davsto, you're one of the better ones, and I enjoyed following along SCP Foundation Mafia.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #155 (isolation #2) » Tue May 24, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 154, Postie wrote:Yeah, but then the VCs don't show up in your ISO.
What RedCoyote does is he puts all of his vote counts into a post on the first page (Mini 1694: Zodiac Mafia II). He doesn't edit vote counts into players' posts, but this is a possible alternative for people who wish to do that. The downside is that you emphasize certain players' posts by editing vote counts into them, but I don't think anyone has investigated how much of an effect there is.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #157 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 156, Plotinus wrote:I thought about doing this in the last game I modded but there would've been 9 vote counts on a single page if I had. As it was I had 30 more posts than the top poster when the game was over.

Should I have done it anyway?
Personally, I stick to one vote count per page. It's easy for players to keep track of votes within a page, anyway, and they shouldn't need their hands held. If the game is moving slowly to the point where multiple days have passed on a page, that calls for prods rather than a vote count.

Nine vote counts sounds like it'd be stifling conversation on that page, though.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”