How much have things shifted?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:20 am

Post by Vi »

This thread has been hijacked by *cows*.

Hai Spai. We should play not-Mafia together!
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Vi »

In post 34, Katsuki wrote:Vi many players have mentioned how much they miss you. Will you ever grace us with your awesomeness again~?
You are also welcome to play not-Mafia with me. :]

While I'm here, nice avvy.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Vi »

I recognize your name!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #128 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Vi »

In post 125, GreyICE wrote:Also effort is super alignment indicative. If Red Coyote is making any, lynch him.
*attempts to quietly snort*
*fails at excessive volume*

(no hate, just memories and respect)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #143 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:29 am

Post by Vi »

I'm gonna disagree with the "not alignment-indicative" hate.
Unfortunately if you just mow through people who do bad things and "deserve" to be lynched, the Town loses more often than they already do.
At some point you have to understand that many people don't play the game the way you'd like it to be played ("well") and you have to get people to do what you want within the confines of how they want to play the game.

Mafia is a team game.
GreyICE wrote:Man your join date ain't too far back from mine and I never heard of Goons showing up "goon" to town role cops.
also this
I like the idea of Vanilla Cop in theory but Role Cop is so much more fun.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #149 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Vi »

In post 148, SpyreX wrote:neo cop
omg

I take back everything. Neapolitan Cop needs to be wiped out.

The name, at least.

because why have cops when you can have NEOCOPS

(but please use role cops instead)

Ooo, ooo

Can we get a variant that looks at multiple people at once somehow? Because then we get NEOCOPTERS
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #151 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Vi »

THE DYSTOPIAN FUTURE IS UPON US
THE NEOCOPS SURVEY US FROM ABOVE
LOOKING FOR DEVIANTS FROM THE VANILLA ORDER

MOUNTAINOUS CO. IS WATCHING, WATCHING
THEY KNOW WHO DOES MORE THAN SLEEP AT NIGHT
AND THEY HAVE QUESTIONS FOR THOSE THEY CATCH OUT
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #165 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Vi »

In post 164, kuribo wrote:As scum there's nothing I love more at mylo than to see "PoE says scum has to be between X, Y, and Z so if we lynch there we win" and knowing that all three of them are town.
What would happen if, at _yLo, each player voted their top Town read in their first post? :?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #167 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Vi »

oh hell let's just go all out with it

BLINK MAFIA

Don't overthink it.

*Large Theme that's actually large and not any of this 14-player nonsense
*Power roles like 2006 i.e. back when Normals were good
*Each player is only allowed to make X posts per game Day, where X = ceil(# players / 3)
*STILL NOT SURE ABOUT: Once a player casts a vote they may no longer post that Day.
*If there is No Lynch due to deadline and there is a single player that has posted the least, that player dies. If there is a tie (i.e. no one posts), the first player in alphabetic order by screen name dies.

c'monnnnn even if it turns into a wallfest at least it will be a short one
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #171 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 170, Rhinox wrote:Funny... just earlier i was thinking about how a "one post per day" (thats per game day) game would work, where after making your one post, any other posts could only be to make or change votes. I like your rules better I think :D
Have you seen this game? I'm impressed that it actually worked.

Not to be confused with this, which I'm only now seeing.
/pre-in

thank god no RVS
oh my otters

has my trolling gone too far

WILL I BE FORCED BACK INTO THIS AWFUL GAME

although if you must play this dreadful destructive game it may as well be with a mod who can take care of you

HMM i say
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #179 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:02 am

Post by Vi »

cfj has it right. It's a lot easier for scum to win when all they have to do is not be the least skilled player in the game.

Like if all it took for the environment to improve was to yell at people and unilaterally eject them from games (or at least say you want to) and when they flip Town fall back on explaining it by policy...

*it still wouldn't work because of how bad players do not perceive themselves as bad and/or resist being told to change because lol edgy teenagers
*how would that be different from the arbitrary policies and playstyles other people use?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #210 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Vi »

In post 207, hitogoroshi wrote:Give me a few days to be solid on the setup but I think I could work with that list. I've been toiling on my magnum opus and it's going slow so I like the idea of banging out a simpler setup that still is a little weird, just to have made any setup in 2016.
I have been daydreaming about setup ideas from yesterday. Let me know etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #220 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:21 am

Post by Vi »

In post 219, Zorblag wrote:If you want your walls, or posts in general, to be read then you direct them to a particular audience in the way it will appropriately reach them. Posts to no audience be a waste of space and time, but posts that be for the right (intended) players be what move the game. Speaking to your audience be key for getting your way. Vi knows what Troll be talking about. Them will confirm if them be watching.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I feel like somewhere on my wiki I describe someone (was it you? was it even on my wiki? I said it once) as saying things that look like awwp waa waaaap waaaap waaaaaap when it's not addressed to you, but when they are talking to you it's like someone put the Babel Fish in your ear for that post only. Or maybe it was that worm from The Wrath of Khan. Either way.

The principle is true; there's still the hurdle of actually convincing the person you're speaking to, which with people who do what they want and don't care what you think is a pretty tall order.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #253 (isolation #13) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Vi »

In post 252, zakk wrote:^ the bigger your blacklist, the harder it is to play games
...to the point that you're too disgusted with any player list ever.
Which, I mean, if that stops you from playing Mafia, etc. #alwaysonmessage

("you" not specifically referring to Accountant here)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”