Google Form Vote Counter

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:04 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Looking through formulas on excel it looks like you can use an "if" function on a formula. So if you get to the lynch threshold it's meant to display an alert. I don't know if the alert stays if the lynch threshold is broken though. Not sure if it translates to google's system either.

http://ccm.net/faq/1114-basic-excel-for ... f-function
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 2, zoraster wrote:yeah the problem isn't the if formula. it's that it'll display "Hammer" or whatever I want if and only if the value CURRENTLY is at hammer. Given that the vote count is in real time, anyone who votes off the hammered person will cause it not to read "Hammer" even though the hammer has been reached.
I feel like there's a way to have a triggered output that goes when a threshold is hit and then ignores all future states, but it's been a long time since I studied excel so I'm not sure if I'm remembering wrong or if it's something I pulled off with a buggy formula...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah my understanding is that the advantage this one would offer is a dynamic live updating of votes. (Which is why the pitfall of the hammer condition being removed is an issue.)

Edit: Oh, I just looked at the form and it looks like you would vote with the form rather than on site? It's a different way of going about it but that actually would offer some advantages in that it basically eliminates any element of fake voting that has happened on the site in the past.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”