Mafia 24 question

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:22 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

This question is really for JDTAY, but since it was DP's game maybe he can fill me in on behind the scenes communication.My question is simply, JDTAY, what were you doing the first day on mafia 24?Seems to me you were possibly confused about your role...you didn't realize you were on the mafia's side, investigated a mafia and revealed them.Also, DP: somone said something about the mafia having to kill JDTAY right after they activated him, was this a rule or a joke about JDTAY?Sketchwick
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:59 pm

Post by mole »

Mafia Don here...What Drake said about the Mafia Spy was correct - on one night we could get the spy to give us all his information. If we did though, we had to kill him instead of using our normal kill at night. The spy didn't know anything of this, and believed he would be recruited into the family after he gave up the information.There were spies in DP's two previous games too, but the mafia didn't recruit them then either. I'm not sure if that rule applied to those games...
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:04 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Thanks mole.Guess I just need JDTAY now...of course input on ALL the roles would be cool from DP...fun after you have read through a game and then go back knowing EVERYTHING.I am also curious about the town idiots exact instructionsSketchwick
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:39 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

1. JDTAY had some kind of plan during round 1 - he emailed me twice during the round to that effect - but in the end he went ballistic and got lynched.2. This was the first time that I had writen the elimination of the spy as part of the roles. I did it in line with the general theme of this mafia game, treachery and treason (hence the Dire Straits quote), culminating in moles double role as Godfather/mason. I admit that I laughed when the randomiser gave this role to JDTAY....The village idiot (a role I have decided not to use anymore) must always vote randomly.Can't remember all the roles of that game off-hand. If you like some more explanations, jut post the role and I'll give the details... ; And in reading through the game it may help to know that the 'newbie' Trill, who fooled the whole town except Handsome Dan the burglar, is in fact the combination Elayne/L'lanmal, as we found out a year later.
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:53 am

Post by JDTAY »

Sketchwick, I hate being mafia. In any game where I have a traitor type role, I reveal as much info to the town as I know, and in any game where I have a serial killer role, I try to target the mafia. Behavior like mine forces mods to make me townie. They think if I actually ever was mafia, I'd come out on Day 1 with the names of all of the other mafia and stuff. I want them to think that.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:26 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

First of all thanks to DP and JD for responding. ;JD, I am sorry but I think your attitude is totally inapropriate. ;I would not let you in a game a modded. ;It is not good for mafia: the game to have some people that will always be assigned some role. ;It is therefore not good for you to try to manipulate the game to your own personal desire. ;It is like throwing a fit and throwing the chessboard accross the room if you are ever made to play black.DP: ;Do you have any records of games you modded that are completed? ;I'd like to know all the town roles of one of your games. ;I'm just as interested in balance issues as creative new roles.Again, thank you both.Sketchwick
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:40 pm

Post by JDTAY »

Sorry, but when it comes to mafia, being manipulative is a good thing.Not that I'm very good at it...
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:42 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

;I like to play black with chess..I might have some records on my PC in Singapore - which means I cannot get back to you on this before the second week of May.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2002 1:36 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

JD: ;Can't you see the difference between trying to manipulate the other players and manipulating the MOD (not a player)DP: I like black too, I looked at you and Antrax playing on GL...wasn't sure how GL chess works. ;I play on pbmserv@gamerz.netAlthough I think I may have lost all chess ability. ;I played may father a couple weeks ago and couldn't figure out how to mate his king with my knight and bishop. ;(sigh) ;I think I'm gettign stupider.sketchwick
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:33 pm

Post by Antrax »

Sketwich, GL chess is sorta like playing via mail -- one side posts his move and updates the board, then the other, until DP beats me in both games and I can lay content knowing I suck at chess. On the GL we have a script written by HyToFry to move our pieces, as opposed to the old method which was editing 64 picture links aligned to form a board. If you want to play on the GL, start a thread and I'm sure someone will be happy to play you, or you could wait for the next championship (radwulf and I want to arrange a blitz championship). If you want to play online, you can find me as Necropotent on http://www.freechess.org, though lately I focus more on the wild and suicide bariants (suicide rating up to 1976 24 points from the big 2k).JDTAY, I used to think you're just being irrational because of your syndrome thingie. Now I just see you're a complete and utter moron, and I'm very happy I banned you from all my games a while back. Corrupting games unknowingly because of some problem is one thing -- doing it intentionally is a different thing altogether. Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2002 9:10 am

Post by JDTAY »

Sorry, I hadn't had time to read over Mafia 24 to identify which game it was before posting; I gave a bad explanation as a result.I was planning to pose as a cop, but I figured I'd get killed, not to mention the fact I was supposed to be mafia, so I quickly pulled back and pretended to be an insane townie. Then I tried to be a cop again. Then I didn't for some reason. I don't remember much from back then. My posts from back then look all awful and stuff. They embarass me. I wish I could delete that thread.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”