To PM or Not to PM

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Do you prefer PMs or Emails to communicate in a game of Mafia (both with the mod and with teammates)?

Total votes: 0

Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

To PM or Not to PM

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:07 am

Post by Polotet »

I was just wondering what people thought about this.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:24 am

Post by eillid »

PMs are easier, for me. I don't often check my email, because I never think about it. PMs give you that little popping up message. However, if I'm talking with a group (more than just me and the other person), I prefer to use email, because otherwise it's too much work (cut and paste! Pressing a button
three times
!).
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:40 am

Post by Antrax »

As a mod, I prefer email, if only because it's usually checked more often than the box. However, as a player, I sent my confirmations, target choices, etc, through PMs. Mafia/Mason discussions usually on AIM or email.
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:04 pm

Post by Corsato »

As a mod I prefer emails for night choices, because I like to keep an archive of my messages during the game. The PM is limited. For sending and receiving info when playing PM's are just fine.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:10 pm

Post by Cadmium »

I prefer PM's for communication with the mod. It's a lot easier. You get a message when you enter the forums and I do that more often than checking my E-mail. But when you're in a group, it's easier to use E-mail. Like more people mentioned, you can't send a PM to more than one person at a time.

I don't know what's better for the moderators to use. Like I said, I prefer PM's but I can imagine that it would be easier for them to use E-mail. Especially when you want to keep all your mail.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9

Return to “Mafia Discussion”