Classic Games Revisited

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Classic Games Revisited

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:42 pm

Post by mole »

This was inspired somewhat by quercitron's thread below (at the time of posting it was, anyway).

Maybe we could re-do some of the previous games we've had with the new players? Afterwards we could look up the old thread and do some weird comparisons if anyone remembers what the hell they were thinking back then.

As a start, Mafia 13 would be interesting... twelve mafia of a town of twenty and they all died. -shakes head- Anyone think they can do better?

I guess a problem with some games would be making sure the players don't know too much ahead of time. If not for that, I'd like to see Bladerunner Mafia again, for example...
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:41 pm

Post by Antrax »

I think a recap of Bladerunner mafia would be kind of moot -- the whole idea behind the game was the fact the town was misled regarding the true identity of the bad guys. The second time around, the replicants can easily use their far more powerful roles to exterminate the corp, having the town's support from day one.
What might be interesting is going with "regular" setups, so maybe we can finally have some "official" mafia games, instead of each mod doing what he feels like. But I kinda like it the way it is, when the players never know what to expect (I personally am very proud of Mini Game 6).
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:14 am

Post by mole »

Yeah, there's the main problem.

I want to get people to play the game so they can get into the same situations that we did and we can see what they do with them, but in order to do that, we can't have them know anything about the game beforehand.
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:27 am

Post by eillid »

If you got people who just don't have the patience to read games they have no chance of playing once the games are longer than a few pages, it might work. I haven't read Bladerunner, or almost any other game I wasn't at least signed up for (aside from that blind mafia). However, it might be difficult to get enough people who don't have a clue to play the game.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:05 am

Post by Antrax »

Think of it like a novel. You can read a book many times, but not if it has a catch ending. A book that's based 100% on the ending can't be reread. Bladerunner mafia and other "punch" mafias (I think Querciton's Improbable role ones is another good example) can't be replayed, but ones with a pre-known setup that's not really important to the game (for example, 20 players, 2 cops, 2 docs, 2 mafia familes of 3 each, 3 masons, blah blah) can be replayed over and over again. Remember neighborhood mafia?
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"

Return to “Mafia Discussion”