Mafia Queue Website

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Mafia Queue Website

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 3:55 am

Post by Muser »

Anyone think a Mafia Queue website would be useful? I'm thinking of an "independent" site that is designed specifically to maintain Mafia player / moderator queues. The site could maintain a list of other Mafia playing sites, a list of moderators, a list of players, and queues for signing up to moderate or play. The discussion boards just seem a little tedious for queueing.

Possibilities...

• Users could rate moderators.
    Users could rate other players.
    Players could rate completed games (maybe this would indirectly result in a moderator's rating).
    Moderators could add themselves to the moderator queue, and indicate which sites they would be willing to mod a game on.
    Moderators could post the details of their upcoming games as they near the top of the queue.
    Players could add themselves to the player queue and indicate which sites they would be willing to play a game on and/or which games they want to play in.
    The site could then match moderators, players, and games, based on the queues, send out invitations, and accept confirmations.
    Policies of the various boards (number of active games per player, experience required to mod, etc.) could be maintained and enforced.
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

-Barenaked Ladies ("Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel")[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:02 am

Post by mith »

The last thing we need is another Mafia site. But I could add something on here somewhere.

As far as maintaining the waiting lists, the moderator list is not that difficult to keep updated, I just tend not to update it that often since it doesn't tend to change very fast. For most games, it is the moderator's responsibility to get players for the game; mini games are the exception, but it is easy enough for anyone that feels like doing it to keep track of it, whether the first post gets updated often or not.

Anyway, it will all be irrelevant if I ever get around to writing new message board software. It will do all this automatically.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”