Mafia Drunk

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Mafia Drunk

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have been debating on making a series of mafia drinking setups. Though I don't feel right running a month long plus game on MS which would involve alot of drinking. Its ok to drink but doing it irresponsibly isn't right. And doing that sort of thing over a month would likly inadvertantly support alcoholism. I don't think mith and intern the scummers and reputation of MS would appreciate me promoting that foolishness. So I figure these games would be best suited for marathon weekends. Would there be interest in me doing this sort of thing?

Game Ideas so far:

Udrink - Upick where you pick an alcohol beverage and I give you a role based on that. This game has been run by me and others before. Running it again next marathon day would likly be a good way to introduce the series and be suitable giving advertising time before next marathon day is limited

Idrink - Guardian ran an iPick where he gave people roles based on what he knew of those people. I would get drunk and give people roles based on their drunk posting habbits. This game would occur late in series so there was time to get an understanding of players drunk play and there would be invitations sent out for this game to people who drunk post often

ShitFace Mafia - Bastard Game with drinking themed roles

U Take A Shot - Bad Idea Mafia game. You kill a townie, you take a shot!

Designated Driver - Kingmaker game where the king can't drink for the day and must execute someone

Mafia Drunk - Some kind of classic series ender game. Haven't really figured out what to do with this.

!All game ideas are subject to change!
I may make a game based on notorious scummers and their drunk posting habbits and give them out at random to whoever joins the game, since I doubt I'll get everyone I want in Idrink. May also make a small town game where you pick roles named after different kinds of drunks.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by saulres »

However you do this, hiplop should be involved.

Just sayin'.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

I am /pre-inning for all of these.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Gonna ad a poll to this to better gauge people's interest. Also here is a link to the previous Udrink for your entertainment

First Udrink
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=17088

Udrink has been run by other scummers but I don't have links to all those games and the recent crash took some of those games with it :(. I plan to run another Udrink next marathon day. I might run other games next marathon day but they won't be Mafia Drunk games. I may also play in some marathon games next marathon weekend

Pre-/ins for marathon games I do differently than some mods. I will PM you before the game with a time the game will be run. I will PM you again when signups start. If you get my message and signup then congrats you get to play. If you are not online when game starts then you miss out. Basically pre-/in-ing makes me remind you about the game only

I do not use this same policy for non-marathon games. I would give people more time to except their pre-/in as non-marathons allow for time to except pre-/ins while marathon games don't really allow for it
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 1, saulres wrote:However you do this, hiplop should be involved.

Just sayin'.

:oops:
third best scummer of all time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

you drunk post often hiplop? If so link me to where please
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 am

Post by hiplop »

a large majority of my posts are, unless its around 3 PMEST or 9 AM EST!

eh im not sure how i would go about linking you? Specific games orr?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Tierce »

>.> I can't link Open #369 yet, but there's plenty of scumdrunklop.

Warlocks and Werewolves also had some. "shoot iceguy youmcoward" comes to mind.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

me n Faraday were working on a "bartender" setup where the theme is a bunch o' people out on the town, and the "shots" they take are abilities/powers
green shirt thursdays
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that having too many players drunk at the same time will result in nobody caring about achieving their win condition.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:43 am

Post by Glork »

IIRC, mith and I broke a setup once while we were pretty hammered.

Any kind of Mafia: The Drinking Game run as a marathon could potentially be hilarious. I'm interested, but due to unusual work schedules, may not actually be available to play.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:57 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Alcohol was put in the world by Satan to fool us.

*cracks open beer at 8am*

I might actually be down for one of these, depending on when they run.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I will likely be running a Drunk Marathon this weekend. One, it's marathon weekend... two, it's the start of the ReReckoning.
green shirt thursdays
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:07 am

Post by quadz08 »

Yoshi, it is possible that you are the BEST preacher.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 8, xRECKONERx wrote:me n Faraday were working on a "bartender" setup where the theme is a bunch o' people out on the town, and the "shots" they take are abilities/powers

I love this Idea. pre /in if you run it.

Sorry I haven't been in this thread alot past few days but I am getting the thread setup now. Signups and running the game will be later today. Kinda woke up a little drunk this morning after last night so it should be good to post signups now. PokerFace's Udrink Too Signups thread will be posted with a tentative game start 8pm EST. I live in ohio and do have daylight savings time so this is 8 and a half hours from this post
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace's Udrink Too Tonight 8pm EST

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=21505
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Wow that game was fun and funny and I likly drank too much and need to get buzzed more so than drunk in these games. My tolerance has shrank since college

Had lots of fun and ran reasonably balanced game with what players signed up so all good in the end oh yeah!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Xalxe »

I read this game and felt drunk afterward.

Not sure if success or failure...
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by hiplop »

damn i missed it :\
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

These sound fun,
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Xalxe wrote:I read this game and felt drunk afterward.

Not sure if success or failure...

I'd call it a success, though not all players were drinking and I was likly the drunkest. My Vote count skills were pretty bad. Game also messed with the neighbor/mason metas thanks to one role I gave and one fake claim a mafioso gave. Anything that muddies a meta is always a success

In post 18, hiplop wrote:damn i missed it :\

yay sorry I didn't do alot of advertizing this time. Was too busy real life wise and didn't get much time to do advertising given the recent crash and crash related recovery. Will try and advertise more for next marathon day. Udrink takes little prep work so I or pretty much anyone can run one. Faraday ran a good one that the crash erased from the forum. So there can and will likly be more Udrinks

Any of the above ideas you guys want me to run in next May or whenever next Marathon is? Pending the prep work the planned game involves, I may be able to run a Udrink after it. This is assuming I don't get so drunk I can't do vote counts again
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 9:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

Bumping. I have been busy as of late. I was made Software QA Point man on an upcoming application we plan to get out in the near future

As a result of my schedule being busy (Not alot to advertize and plan) Expect...

Udrink Three

The Too instead of Two in the last game title was intentional as a way of showing drunkness but there aren't really any funny ways or homophones that work with 3's. Udrink There or Theer. Just don't sound right so just doing the normal number in the title because anything else would just kill or make the joke unsophisticated
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2012 9:13 am

Post by petapan »

haha im drunk!! with people on the internet!!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Udrink 3 will be run this saturday 8pm my timezone (USA eastern) in the marathon forum. Signups will likly start before that and if I don't get alot of signups they will ast until 9 and game will start at 9. I'll try sending you guys all pm's about this thurs or friday when I am not posting via a phone. sending a bunch of pm's with my phone likly more hassel then its worth at the moment
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Because of the variety of win conditions , Udrink 3 was nuts

I the mod won, and with Vox's role name a new role was created. A good version of the survivor role which has the power to manipulate lynch thresholds in a way that invokes endgame faster. Basically I experimented with a subtle way of encouraging a survivor to go after their win conditions and consciously watch their activity levels so that lurking out completely was not a wise idea

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22121

Return to “Mafia Discussion”