The Scummies, 2012... Not-even-close-to-live...

Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

The Scummies, 2012... Not-even-close-to-live...

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Scummies »

8am, February 24, 2013. The morning of the 2012 Scummies.

Mr. Flay:
Please tell me you have good news.

chamber:
He... he said something came up.

Mr. Flay:
Again?! What is it this time?

chamber:
Wouldn't say.

Mr. Flay:
Well, there's nothing else to do but postpone the show.

chamber:
After last year? We can't do that again. What about the writing committee? Weren't they supposed to be our backup plan in case mith flaked?

Mr. Flay:
Sure, but after all the "incidents" we've had in the past... I'm not willing to put the show in their hands without some oversight. And they haven't delivered a script to read over yet.

chamber:
There's still
some
time left until... no, no, I know, you're right. We need to do this right, even if it means making the fans wait again.

Mr. Flay:
Don't suppose we have any brilliant stalling tactics in the vault...?

chamber:
What do you think this is?

They both turn to stare directly at the camera for several uncomfortable seconds before it cuts to black.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Scummies »

In some dingy back room lit only by a single hanging lamp, the Scummies Steering Committee sit in cold steel chairs. Cogito Ergo Sum, zoraster, xRECKONERx, Faraday, and AGar all look around nervously.

Faraday:
Wait, where's SpyreX?

xRECKONERx:
Oh, you know, he's all fancy and fatherly now, probably busy.

Cogito Ergo Sum:
Yeah, he hasn't been around much at all...

At that very moment, the door on the other side of the room swings open.

SpyreX:
I am right here, with the rest of my people!

SpyreX leads the way into the room, followed closely behind by Mr. Flay, chamber, hitogoroshi, Korts, and Vi.

zoraster:
Huh? What's going on?

Mr. Flay steps forward and clears his throat.

Mr. Flay:
I suppose you all remember how the Scummies went last year, yes?

The SSC nods.

chamber:
The drinking, the partying, the cursing, the filth...

hitogoroshi:
We are simply NOT going to stand for that this year!

Vi:
...yeah! And no autism jokes, either!

Reck glares across the room at Vi.

Korts:
As members of the Scummies Steering Committee, we expect you all to keep the show in line this year. We've cracked down on Forum 62 and reprehensible site behavior already, and we will NOT have the Scummies undo all of that hard work!

AGar:
Don't worry, guys! We've already talked about this, as a group!

SpyreX raises an eyebrow.

SpyreX:
How come I wasn't involved in these talks...

AGar:
Beats me. But this year is going to be a
classy
award show...

AGar glances down the line at the other committee members.

zoraster:
...err... yeah! We're going to make everybody wear...tophats!

Faraday:
And all the presenters and winners will be very humble and gracious and glowing!

xRECKONERx:
And we'll even start the show with one of those tongue-in-cheek musical numbers?

Cogito Ergo Sum:
We...will?

zoraster:
I don't think we--

Faraday:
Yeah! It'll go a little something like... this!

[cut to new scene with grand musical number that eventually falls to shit]

The Scummies Steering Committee now sit back before the team of mods, sweating and out of breath. Mr. Flay shakes his head.

Mr. Flay:
That was a little close to crossing our line for ridiculous antics, you guys. I'm leaving SpyreX behind to keep an eye on you...any and all ideas need to go through him, first!

SpyreX steps to the other side of the room to join the Scummies Steering Committee. The mod team turns to walk out, but Flay calls back one last time.

Mr. Flay:
Oh... and guys? If this show doesn't go off perfectly, then the Scummies will be done...
forever
!
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by Scummies »

Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Post by Scummies »

Somewhere backstage at the awards, Faraday, xRECKONERx, and zoraster sit around a table with a giant stack of papers around them. Their heads of hair are disheveled and they look very exasperated.

xRECKONERx:
Do you think this line about 'demonic vaginas' is too much?

Faraday:
I donno-- but scrap it, we can't take any chances!

zoraster pulls up a second sheet of paper and furrows his brow.

zoraster:
Why was Flay going to mention a giant ghost baby raping Jerry Sandusky so hard he turned into acidic goo...

Faraday and zoraster both slowly turn and cock their heads at Reck.

xRECKONERx:
Err... sorry...

zoraster sighs and furiously scribbles that line out of the show.

Faraday:
Okay, I'm not sure my idea to have him quote the speech from Braveheart is really gonna work anymore...

zoraster:
Braveheart?

Faraday:
Yeah...

xRECKONERx:
But... you're Irish?

Faraday:
...and?

zoraster:
You... you do know that Braveheart was Scottish... right?

Faraday stares blankly at his two fellow committee members for a moment.

Faraday:
It was a damn inspirational speech! Wot, you think that Irish and Scottish people sound the same or something? Wot are you getting at? This is highly offensive!

xRECKONERx:
Err, not what I was--

At that moment, the door to the room bursts open and SpyreX marches in.

SpyreX:
I sure hope you guys have a rewrite for Flay's opening monologue ready, because the mod squad wants to read over it and approve it before he goes on.

zoraster:
When does he go on?

SpyreX:
In about... six minutes.

Faraday:
Oi, we can't rewrite an entire speech that fast!

SpyreX:
Just give me what you have, it's all we've got!

SpyreX snatches up the chaotic stack of papers strewn around the room and runs out of the door, slamming it behind them.

xRECKONERx:
Hey, uh, guys... did you remove that one line about--

zoraster:
Nope.

Faraday:
...uh-oh.

Announcer:
Welcome to the Tenth Annual Scummies, the greatest mafia show on earth! Now, please give a round of applause for your host, Mr. Flay!

The crowd roars with approval as Mr. Flay strolls onto the stage, smiling.

Mr. Flay:
Welcome to the greatest Scummies show yet! We plan to make this a night to remember, or, for members of the audience over the age limit, a night to forget. We have a fantastic show finally ready for you all now, with hours and days spent polishing this to make sure this goes smoothly, guaranteed by your very own Scummies Steering Committee under the supervision of SpyreX, so give an applause for them. We all have our favorite memories from Scummies awards, such as seeing the Golden Fedora Award given to MeMe, killing tigers, killing Mewtwo... but tonight is about making new memories. There were many, many worthy nominees this year, so special thanks to those who have read through countless games to find the winners of this years' Scummies!

The crowd cheers even louder, causing Mr. Flay to smile to himself a little bit more.

Mr. Flay:
This is about something bigger than all of us, and the SSC certainly promises something bigger and better than any Scummies you've ever seen before! This year's promise includes musical accompaniment and professional performances so good that they've already hired a cleaning team to clean up after the inevitable orgasms you all will be having during the show, so feel free to take your pants off... now...

Mr. Flay's voice cuts off. The crowd is silent. Lights turn off. The announcer's voice takes over.

Announcer:
The 10th Annual Scummies will return right after this short commercial break!

Kicking his feet up on the couch, a man in a dress shirt and tan khakis lies down on his couch, closing his eyes almost immediately. It was a long day with the usual yelling and screaming, and he was glad to get away from it all. He heard his wife yell something from the bedroom, but he didn't hear. Instead, he immediately let himself drift off to sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep.

A new private message is waiting for you in your Inbox.

He immediately jumped up, scrambling to find a gun, a bat, a newspaper, anything to fight off this intruder in his home. But it wasn't an ordinary intruder; it was a pop-up box, like the ones on his computer at work...

Man:
Honey?

His wife runs into the living room, immediately screaming at the abomination she finds there.

Woman:
What do we do?

The man shrugged, throwing a pillow at the window. It struck a line saying "Go to your Inbox", immediately producing another window with the subject ";)" from a sender named Laura Pinsley. This immediately sparked a suspicious reaction from the man's wife, who glared at him intensely.

Woman:
Open it.

Man:
You do realize we can't trust this, right? I mean, this is a popup window in our living room! We should call the cops, or the FBI, or...

Woman:
Open it.

Reluctantly, the man takes another pillow from the couch and throws it at the message, and, just as he expected, it opens.

Shall we meet at 9 after your wife goes to sleep and says her prayers? I have a new pair of panties my husband hasn't seen yet that I think you'll loooove...

Woman:
I knew it! You've been cheating on me with that, that whore! I can't wait to stomp over there and tell Ron what you two have been up to! You call me boring, but it is those prayers that allowed me to see these messages, now isn't it! What do you have to say for yourself? After all these years I've put into this marriage, you ruin it all for a fling with your neighbor? What kind of pig are you?

A new private message is waiting for you in your Inbox.

Woman:
What new heinous message is this? Are you having an affair with the entire neighborhood?

She turns to the couch immediately, flinging yet another one of its many pillows at the message.

Woman:
RachMarie? Who the hell is that?

She throws another pillow at the message almost immediately.

Welcome to Newbie 1103, SexyBabeXv! You are the Town Jailkeeper, and you hold the keys to the town prison. Once during the night, you may lock up a suspected evildoer in your jail cell and prevent them from taking any actions as well as preventing them from being killed during the night. During the day, you have your vote in order to find and lynch the mafia. Good luck!

His wife is left speechless, giving him a deadly glare.

Woman:
What kind of sick shit are you into? It's like... I don't even know you anymore.

She then storms off back to her room, slamming her door shut. The man shrugs, grabs a beer from the refrigerator, and drinks as the popup message slowly fades.

Man:
What the hell is going on?
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by Scummies »

Faraday, Reck, and Zoraster watch the speech with nervous eyes, and only fully release their breath once the sound gets cut and Flay leaves the stage, though their nervousness remains.

Zoraster:
...Well, that wasn't
too
bad...

Faraday:
Too
bad? Did you see the way Flay stormed off the stage? Of all the things that had to be left in the speech, why did it have be
that?!

Reck:
We can still hope he's not going to be too mad--

Reck is interrupted as Mr. Flay bursts into the room, his mouth set in an angry scowl.

Flay:
SpyreX told me the speech was ready!

Zoraster:
We didn't have enough time to cut out what--

Flay:
Not enough time? Just what the hell did you have to cut out?!

A silence envelops the room as Zoraster, Faraday, and Reck all think on what they had to cut out and show various signs of embarrassment. Flay picks up on the implications, making his ire rise, but he keeps it in check.

Flay:
Were you seriously going to have me say the things I think you were going to make me say?

Reck:
It was before you came in and said it had to be pitch-perfect, Flay! We barely managed to get everything else but that one bit out of the speech!

Flay:
You did, did you?

Zoraster and Faraday nod in agreement as Flay looks at each of them in turn.

Flay:
It could have been worse, from what I can gather, so I guess I can't punish you too heavily. However...

With a snap of his fingers chamber enters the room holding a plate with three collars on it, with their names on each one. Flay smiles as the SSC members eye them suspiciously

Faraday:
...just what the hell are those?

Flay:
I'm sure you are aware of shock collars, right?

The three's suspicion turns to terror as Flay smiles wider.

Zoraster:
no...you aren't going to...

Reck:
Are you serious?!

Flay:
Indeed. I've already got Untrod and Kison going around and handing them out to the others in the ceremony, to ensure that they can be kept in line, as you will be now. And rest assured, they are similarly collared

Untrod tugs at a similar collar around his neck at that very same moment.

Zoraster:
Don't you think this is a little...overboard?

Flay:
And how else am I supposed to keep this ceremony running the way I envision it after that fiasco?! I clearly can't take my eyes off any of you for longer than a couple seconds before something else goes wrong! So I'm going to get two people I can depend on to make sure you all do your job right. Now put them on.

Reck, Faraday, and Zoraster look at each other helplessly, unable to think of a way to get out of this. Slowly, each of them put on the collar with their name on it and Untrod leaves the room as soon as they do.

Flay:
Now let this be a warning for you. I desired this ceremony to be no less than perfect, but now that will never happen. So, I must make sure that nothing
else
goes wrong. Make sure you do not fail me again.

Whipping around, Flay leaves the room and slams the door shut, leaving the three collared members of the SSC alone to think on the new development.

Faraday:
This is not gonna be good...

Untrod waited outside the door for Flay to finish, and Flay beckons for him to follow once he leaves the SSC room. The two of them head down some halls to a janitor's closet-like room a bit away from the stage.

Untrod:
Where is this?

Flay:
This is where you will be keeping them in check.

Untrod:
Wait, me?

Flay:
Yes, you. I can only trust one of the admins to do this properly. But since the others are currently busy, I enlisted you some help. He's inside.

Untrod:
All right, Flay.

Flay:
Don't disappoint me. Now, I have some award presenters to announce.

Flay departs to the stage, leaving Untrod to enter and learn his new job.

Mr. Flay walks out on stage, dressed like a Victorian gentleman, and almost immediately the entire audience falls into an awed silence. With a constipated expression on his face, he taps his clip-on mic and asks, unnecessarily, for quiet. Audience members exchange glances.

Mr. Flay:
(enunciating with precision)
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the first part of the annual Scummies award ceremony! We've taken a lot of care to make sure everything runs
per
-fectly this year, and we do hope you enjoy what the entire admin team agrees will be a fantastic night. Without further ado, here are your presenters for tonight: MattP, IceGuy, and Messiah.

Flay begins clapping immediately. After a few seconds, the rest of the audience joins in. Looking pleased, Flay sinks into the shadows at stage left.

The three presenters walk hesitantly on stage. They are all looking highly uncomfortable dressed in tuxedos. Something is fastened around their necks, and Messiah tugs at it with a grimace. IceGuy is clutching a thick bundle of papers. As they move towards centre stage, MattP shoots a glare in Mr. Flay's general direction.

The door to a small musty room opens, and JDodge and Untrod Tripod enter. On one wall are mounted four gigantic state-of-the-art monitors, each showing a live feed of the stage. There is a bench in front of the monitors. On the bench is a gigantic tub of popcorn, and a cheap plastic bowl of really nice punch. There are two deskchairs behind the bench, and a row of buttons in front of each chair. Some of them are glowing.

JDodge:
(not noticing the bench)
Man, this is gonna suck.

Untrod Tripod locks the door behind him.

Untrod Tripod:
At least we got first shift. Hey, I love punch!

As UT scoops some punch into a plastic cup, JDodge looks around the room. Along with the bench and monitors, there is a large popcorn machine to the left that looks like it belongs in a cinema. It radiates heat. On the right, there is an old jukebox. It is covered in dust. JD goes over to it and rubs the dust off of it. He surveys the records.

JDodge:
(half to Untrod Tripod, who is trying to turn the monitors on)
Hey, this thing has
Earth, Wind & Fire
! I love those guys.

The jukebox is plainly turned off, so JDodge checks the powerpoint. It's on, but the jukebox isn't illuminated. He flips it off and on again a few times, but nothing happens. Irritated, he gives the jukebox a kick.

Untrod Tripod:
Hey! JDodge! It's starting! Come sit down.

Mr. Flay is talking on stage. UT notices for the first time the glowing buttons before him. He reads their labels aloud.

Untrod Tripod:
MattP, IceGuy, Messiah...

He trails off.

Untrod Tripod:
Oh yeah!
(He giggles.)
JDodge, remember what they told us about these?

JDodge leaves the jukebox and sits down.

JDodge:
Yeah, so...? Don't press them, alright? They're to be used for emergencies only.

The presenters are making their way on stage. Untrod Tripod, heedless, presses the button labelled 'IceGuy'. On screen, IceGuy jerks and drops the stack of paper. JDodge buries his face in his hands as Untrod Tripod giggles.

On stage, IceGuy desperately fumbles to pick up the paper. His fellow presenters quickly move over to a small podium. IceGuy, standing up, makes a rude gesture at one of the surveillance cameras mounted on the ceiling. He jogs over to the podium and mysteriously jerks again, tripping and scattering the papers everywhere.

MattP looks desperately to Flay, off-stage, for guidance. Flay slowly and deliberately draws his finger across his throat. Matt gulps and looks at the audience, who are tittering amongst themselves.

MattP:
Uh, everyone?

Silence, except for IceGuy gathering the papers.

MattP:
Thanks. Um, well.
(Clearly ad-libbing)
Unfortunately, with everything we've packed into this year's exciting Scummies show, we weren't able to fit all the awards in tonight. However, we'd like to take this time to recognise our pre-show award winners!

Wordlessly, Messiah unrolls a poster showing izakthegoomba winning the "Mashtermind" award for Most Outstanding Mish-Mash Game. The Mashies judges, clearly upset at the lack of pomp, shuffle in their seats but none dare to move for the collars around their necks. Messiah mouths 'sorry' at them.

IceGuy has finished collating his papers and pushes in between MattP and Messiah. He puts the stack of papers on the podium. Before he can begin to relax, however, another jolt runs through his body and he stumbles forward, knocking the entire podium off the stage. It hits the floor in front of the Mashies judges and crushes a row of small effigies of permabanned users. Pieces of paper flutter to the ground. One reads "SCUMMY CEREMONY SCRIPT -- DO NOT MISPLACE".

Flay, plainly furious, makes a series of energetic, complicated gestures. His top hat falls off.

MattP:
(quickly)
Aha, and now to our main awards. Our winners from previous years will present them to their new recipients.

The three presenters make a quick exit stage right. Flay disappears from his hiding position stage left.

CrashTextDummie, Empking, and Wraith, all collared, come onstage holding their respective awards. CTD steps up to the podium first. He looks around.

CrashTextDummie:
The winner of the
"Kodak Moment" for Most Memorable Moment is
Soul2277 for their fakeclaim in Dirty Dealing Mafia!

"That was the most awesome gambit I've seen in quite a bit of time." - Om of the Nom

Oversoul and Mehdi2277 clumsily make their way on stage. For some reason, they share a giant muumuu with playing cards taped to it. CrashTextDummie gingerly hands their award to them, and everyone claps. All three move off stage.

JDodge rests his head against the bench. Untrod Tripod is laughing uncontrollably.

JDodge:
Please tell them I had nothing to do with this. You'll say I did nothing wrong, right?

Untrod Tripod:
Did you see that? Did you see when he knocked the podium off? Did you? Oh my god, that's the funniest thing that's happened since I took this job.

He dissolves into laughter again. On the monitors, Empking is making his way on stage. UT sobers up quickly.

Untrod Tripod:
Oh, shit, that's me! That's my award! I have to go get to Reck!

He unlocks the door and runs off. JDodge, sighing, closes it again. When he returns, a new light is glowing. It is labelled "Untrod Tripod". He looks at it, contemplative. Then he rolls his eyes and gets himself a cup. Under the cup is a small card of expensive paper. The word 'Enjoy' is printed in flowing cursive. It looks like it has been signed by somebody, but a few drops of punch have blotted the ink. JDodge picks it up, looks at it, and throws it over his shoulder. He fixes himself some punch.

JDodge:
Wow, this is really nice punch.

On stage, Empking begins speaking.

Empking:
(monotonously)
The winner of the
"Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass" Award for Best Role
is...
Untrod Tripod and xRECKONERx for AIDS Infector!

"[The role] is so genius especially in context of the flavor" - DeltaWave

Untrod Tripod moves on stage, accompanied by an annoyed looking xRECKONERx. Although dressed in suits, both sport a rainbow coloured tie. Reck wears mascara and has flamboyantly dyed hair, but UT, being tardy, has not had time to apply anything. In any case, it has the intended effect of sending Flay, who has just finished disposing of IceGuy, into conniptions.

Empking hands them a single small trophy. Each grab a handle and lift it into the air.

Empking:
(quietly)
Budget cuts.

In the small room, JDodge sits on his lonesome. There are several empty plastic cups in front of him. He belches, and a grin slowly spreads over his face.

JDodge:
Mmmm, great punch.

He looks at the monitors. UT and Reck are hoisting their tiny trophy into the air to applause from the audience. Deliriously, he hovers over the lighted button bearing UT's name. Then he stabs it with flair.

On the monitors, Untrod Tripod and xRECKONERx crumple to the floor. The audience gasps, but after a few seconds the two manage to stand up again. The applause resumes, but both look pained. UT looks up into the cameras as if to ask JDodge 'what the hell', but JDodge is too giddy to care. As Empking, UT and Reck make their way off stage, JD presses the button a few more times and giggles as they hop and hobble away.

MattP and Messiah look at each other, not sure what's happening. Flay has returned to the shadows at the other end of the stage. IceGuy is not present.

Wraith moves up to the podium.

Wraith:
The winner of the
"Paperback Writer" Award for Best Flavor Text
is...
Magua for Paranoia Mafia!

"Whether or not you are familiar with the original flavor (the RPG by the same name), the votecount, event, mod-replies and flip flavor are all hilarious and very in line with the theme of the game. I was pleasantly surprised with how in-character he was throughout the whole thing, and everything was a delight to read through." - Tierce

JDodge is slowly realising what he just did as Untrod Tripod slams the door open so hard it closes behind him.

Untrod Tripod:
What the fuck was that, man?

JDodge:
Ah, heh, um... sorry...

Untrod Tripod picks up the giant box of popcorn and dumps it over JDodge's head. JDodge staggers out of his chair as warm salty butter coats his face.

JDodge:
Ah, my eyes!

JDodge, arms outstretched, tries to move towards the door. He is disoriented, though, and slams into the jukebox instead. It starts whirring as he falls over.

Magua walks on stage and receives his award from Wraith.

Magua:
Remember, audience.
(droning)
The Computer is Your Friend!

He laughs. The audience, confused, does not clap. There is a moment of quiet.

Suddenly, the faint sounds of a song ring out. The audio is muffled and faint, but obviously loud. Horns play -- it is unmistakably "September" from Earth, Wind & Fire.

The audience is deathly silent.

Mr. Flay:
(cold rage)
Is that...
music?

Mr. Flay storms through the backstage, heading for a certain room in a state of absolute fury. Stagehands and other backstage members quickly turn aside when they see him coming down the path, not wanting to be a victim of his rage.

Flay:
All I ask is that they just do this ONE THING for me. ONE THING! And they can't even do that correctly. I swear if I don't find Untrod and JDodge doing their jobs and that room in good condition--

Mr. Flay's train of speech is interrupted as he reaches the door to the viewing room. Before he can grab the handle and fling it open, Untrod bursts out of the room and makes a hasty dash for the nearest bathroom for paper towels to clean himself and JDodge--which happens to be down the same hallway Flay came from. As soon as Untrod sees Flay, he skids to a halt, his face turning pale.

Untrod:
Uh, Mr. Flay, sir, erm, what are you doing here?

Flay:
Why do you THINK I'm here, Untrod?

Untrod smiles uncertainly while Flay stares him down icily.

Untrod:
To, uh, congratulate us on a job well done?

Flay:
You call what just happened out there a "job well done?"

As if underscoring Flay's point, JDodge stumbles out of the room, smacking his head on the ground due to tripping on the doorstep and groaning with the new pain he just received. As Flay looks down at him and Untrod goes even paler when he turns to see JDodge, the jukebox just happens to change to a new song that begins to play, with all three of them and anyone nearby (as well as people in the audience) able to hear it. Flay's icy demeanor and cold fury beings to melt in to hot rage.

Untrod:
Th-this isn't what you think, Flay! I can explain--!

Flay:
Explain that you two are clearly incompetent at your jobs? All I asked is that you watch over the presenters and give them some shocks if they happen to step out of line. I don't recall ordering you to shock them at every turn and pump some stupid band like Earth, Wind, and Fire through the speakers!

Untrod:
Hey, September is an awesome song--

Flay:
IRRELEVANT! You two clearly can't do this little job right, so I'm going to remove you from it and find two people who
are
more competent!

Untrod's face sinks a little in defeat as Flay's eyes travel down to JDodge's prone form on the ground before darting back to Untrod.

Flay:
Now leave. And go get him cleaned up while you're at it.

Untrod:
Yes, Mr. Flay...

Untrod picks JDodge off the floor and carries him to the nearest bathroom to clean him off as Flay stomps off to the admin meeting room to work on finding two people to replace them.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Scummies »

Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Post by Scummies »

BBmolla and KanyeKnowsBest taking a walk in the outside halls, keeping his feet awake from sitting in his seat most of the day except to go to the bathroom and get some snacks.

BBmolla:
For all that Flay promised a perfect show, he sure isn't delivering tonight.

Kanye:
For sure, BB.

BBmolla:
Though, based on last year's Scummies Ceremony, why should we even expect it to go perfectly, anyways? Nothing's probably going to go right except who gets what awards--

Kanye:
Hey, that's cool, man, and imma let you finish, but this year's Grammy's was the best-planned award show all year!

BBmolla:
For fuck's sake, Kanye, stop spouting the meme from your namesake every other line.

Kanye looks at BB in a disapproving way, but before he can respond the sound of footsteps behind them get their attention as Flay and a clearly nervous Mattp come up to them. Flay has a strained smile on his face in some vain attempt to make people believe that the event was actually going as planned, while Matt nervously fingers two collars in his right hand--collars that, as BBmolla notes, look similar to the one around Matt's own neck.

BBmolla:
Mr. Flay, uh, how can I help?

Flay:
Come with me, both of you.

Kanye:
Hey, man, what's the deal? You can't--

Flay:
Just. Come. With me.

Biting back a response, Kanye and BB follow the two to the backstage to the same janitor room that Untrod and Jdodge unceremoniously exited from. Upon entering the room the smell of popcorn butter still faintly permeates the room, but at least the floor was cleaned up and any splattered chairs were changed. Three new buttons are also lit, for Cogito, Magua, and AGar. Half-confused, half-suspicious, BB turns to face Mr. Flay.

BB:
What the hell is this?

Flay:
This is the control room for the people who are in charge of the ceremony. As you can see, there are three buttons for the three presenters I'm going to announce in a little while. Just press them when they act out of line to make sure that they keep a good standard for the rest of the ceremony.

Kanye:
Wait, wait, this is why Matt, IceGuy, Untrod, and Messiah were spazzing out earlier.

Flay:
Yes. Unfortunately, the previous two people I had for this job were not up to the standards I required, and were deposed of shortly afterwards. I trust I won't have to do the same with you two, right?

Both BBmolla and Kanye gulp as they vigorously nod their heads. Flay smiles and beckons Matt forward.

Matt:
Do we have to, Flay? I'm sure that they can do this without--ARGH!

Flay cuts Matt off by going over and pressing the button for his shock collar, sending Matt to his knees.

Flay:
As an added incentive to make sure that you do your job right, you're going to put these collars on as well. With any luck you'll be far better than your predecessors. And to keep an extra eye on you both, Matt will stay here to watch the two of you.

BBmolla and Kanye sullenly put on their collars. Once the collars snap around their nexts, Flay hands Matt a remote with two buttons, one labeled with BB's name, the other with Kanye's.

Flay:
Now you make sure they stay in line, got it?

Matt nods as Flay leaves the room to head toward the stage as BB and Kanye nervously look at each other.

BB:
The Grammy's didn't have something like this, did they.

Kanye:
...No. I sure as hell hope not.

Mr. Flay comes back out on-stage with a more purposeful stride now that he's sure that more competent people can watch over the ceremonies. Mastin2, sitting next to Feysal and Mina, notes some distinct changes in Flay's garb during his walk.

Mastin2:
Is it just me, or does Mr. Flay look slightly more...opulent?

Mina and Feysal, lean forwards to take a better look at Flay's outfit.

Feysal:
Well, now that you mention it, it does look like he added some jewels or something. I can't exactly say I'm very knowledgable about such things as the opulence of one's clothes to their change in attitude toward others, but I can't help but wonder if this kind of change in attire foreshadows such a change. I really think we should watch out and see for ourselves if this kind of change is actually going to happen.

Mina:
But just what the hell is he trying to do? Doesn't he understand that doing such a thing will only make the crowd get angry? If he's putting on some kind of role for the ceremony, that's all well and good, but how is the audience going to take it? If they don't know that such a change is fake and only for the Scummies itself, I wouldn't be surprised if people leave in anger or try to lash out against Flay and the other administrators for this.

While the three talk about this, Flay begins to announce the next group of presenters.

Flay:
Greetings, everyone! I hope you all are enjoying tonight's activities!

Audience murmurs amongst themselves, though the general attitude appears to be positive. If anyone has any comments or dissent about what happened with the previous presenters, they have the sense to not try and voice them out loud in any way. Flay gives a small, slightly dark grin that unnerves some in the audience.

Flay:
I'm glad you are are enjoying this, then! Now, allow me to introduce the next group of presenters: Cogito Ergo Sum, Magua, and AGar!

In the janitor's room, Kanye, BB, and Matt watch Flay enter the stage looking far more composed than he did when he came up to the two members manning the room. Still feeling slightly confused about what's going on, Kanye turns to look at Matt.

Kanye:
Hey, hey, Slumber-bro. What's the deal here?

Matt:
It's pretty simple. If you see any of those three presenters do something that appears to be too comedic, over-the-top, or generally not serious, you need to give them a shock to let them know that they shouldn't do that.

BB mulls this over as Cogito, Magua, and AGar head to their seats on the screens.

BB:
That seems simple enough. But...what exactly did the people before us do to get ousted?

Matt:
I have no clue. Flay didn't tell me. But I can guess that it might be because they got trigger happy out there.

Remembering the events from the first set of awards, Matt winces and adjusts his own collar as Magua steps up to the podium.

The three mentioned come on stage while Flay heads stage left and out of sight of the audience to watch the three, Magua still holding his "Paperback Writer" award as well as another award he will present. Magua steps up to the podium first, placing his award on the left side of the podium and the new award on the right..

Magua:
First off, I just want to say thank you for this wonderful award.

Before he speaks his next line, his voice switches to the same monotone as when he received his award

Computer-Magua:
The mission tonight is simple. Hand out awards as efficiently as possible. Reports say that this shall be done with 85% accuracy and with a 50% chance of interference. The Computer wants to be helpful in any way, and anyone getting in the way of my efficiency shall be terminated.

The crowd nervously looks at each other, clearly unsettled by the sudden changes in voice by Magua and what he just said. Flay frowns off-stage, while from his seat on-stage, AGar groans.

AGar:
Are you shitting me? He isn't going to do this all night, is he?

Cogito Ergo Sum:
Yarr?

AGar pointedly looks at CES while Magua continues on, his voice normal now and apparantly having no idea that his voice changed.

Magua:
To begin this part of the awards ceremony, I'd like to bring in our award presenters: AurorusVox, Equinox, and...er, myself!

On the side of the stage, Flay sighs.

Flay:
Maybe we shouldn't have given him that voicebox implant last November.

Kanye:
So what about that, g? That bad enough?

BB:
Wait. Magua was doing that when he got his award and he didn't get buzzed for it. Maybe it's just part of his role or some shit like that. Maybe we should push the button if it gets out of hand.

Matt:
Sounds good to me.

The audience claps nervously as Equinox and AurorusVox step on-stage and sit next to Cogito and AGar as Magua goes back to his chair to bring out the award he'll present.

Magua:
The first award we'll present revolves around engaging and exciting changes to themes and mechanics related to how mafia is played. From exciting twists on lynches and night actions to variations during the day that spice up a game, the winner of this award brought something new to the table that didn't disappoint.

Magua picks up the award on the left, completely forgetting that it was actually his own award. Unaware of this mishap, he continues on.

Magua:
The winner of the
"Grr, Arg" Award for Best Mechanic/Mutation
is...
zoraster for Always On!

"This should be obvious" - xRECKONERx

As the audience claps (and some cheer), zoraster comes on-stage to receives his award, shaking Magua's hand. However, when he takes the time to look in awe at his award, his brows snap together in concern.

zoraster:
Um, Magua?

Magua:
Yeah?

zoraster:
This isn't my award.

Magua:
Huh?

Magua leans down from the podium as zoraster shows him the name of this award on the plaque. Realizing his mistake, Magua sheepishly takes that award and quickly places it on the podium while reaching for zoraster's actual award with the same hand. However, in his haste he accidentally knocks over the Grr, Arg award onto the floor as it makes an audible
thump
on the ground.

Magua:
Er...

zoraster:
It's okay, I got it.

The two of them move around the podium to reach for the award.

Magua:
Wait, I'm supposed to give it to you--

zoraster:
I'll just get it myself--

The two of them abruptly stop talking when they bump heads with each other. Groaning, zoraster is still able to grab his own award and staggers off-stage while Magua rubs his head, holding on the podium with one hand.

In the janitor room, BB and Kanye look at each other.

Kanye:
Buzz time?

BB:
I guess that would be pretty buzzworth--hey!

Before BB can even finish talking Kanye jabs down on Magua's buzzer. on-screen, the three of them can see Magua jerk and reach for the collar with the hand he had on the podium as the crowd gasps in alarm.

Magua:
Son of a--

The three in the janitor's room watch the events unfold, with Magua jerkily grabbing his own award and staggering over to his chair and finding a nearby camera to glare at.

Magua:
Dammit, Untrod...

Seemingly unperturbed by these events, Cogito walks up to the podium.

Cogito:
Now it's time for the next award, yarr!

AurorusVox comes up to the podium with his award.

Aurorus:
The winner of the
"Rube Goldberg" Award for Best Setup
is...
hitogoroshi for Abarat Mafia!

"Thanks for the amazing setup and flavor, Hito. Easily some of the best cutscenery and character inclusion on the site so far, plus a lot of good mechanical experimentation that will probably be recycled into more awesome games. <3" - Nuwen

Hito comes on-stage in a fairly snazzy two-piece suit with some embellishments, a get-up that, coupled with the audience's discontent over Flay's choice of attire, gives him less applause than before. Noticing this, he grabs the mic on the podium.

Hito:
Come on, you idiots! I won this award, so clap for me!

The audience clearly looks disgruntled at being called idiots, but they all eventually give polite applause. Satisfied, Hito struts off stage. In the audience Mastin and Feysal shake their heads.

Feysal:
I believe that is suitable enough evidence to prove that I'm at least partially correct. We've played with Hitogoroshi before and we both know he wouldn't act like that normally. I can only conclude that wearing those aristocratic clothes for the event is warping his thinking and making him and the other admins act like they're our lords. It's entirely possible that such a change was occurring earlier in the year and this attire is only accentuating or accelerating the process, but this is quite the change.

Meanwhile, on-stage AGar rolls his eyes as he heads for the podium.

Agar:
For the last award of this segment, please welcome Equinox!

Equinox comes on-stage, tugging at her own collar. When she arrives at the podium the audience can hear her muttering under her breath, but the microphone can't make it out. She clears her throat before putting on a smile.

Equinox:
And the winner of the
"Smooth Operator" Award for Best Moderator
is...
Tierce!

"Exceptional moderator. Tierce is generally on top of her games, very quick to respond to questions and issues that come up in-game, to update games, and to handle replacements. It's a joy to play in her games, really. Examples include Open 403, Mini 1376, and Micro 76... but I dare you to find a game that she hasn't run well."[/i] - Equinox

Smiling, Tierce comes on-stage and receives her award as Magua comes back to the podium.

Magua:
That concludes this section of the awards presentation. Stay tuned for a special video from our administrators!

Some of the audience members breathe a sigh of relief as the strange voice change doesn't happen again as the award presenters leave the stage in preparation for the video. Flay himself smiles and nods from his spot off-stage as the presenters walk past him.

Flay:
Good, good. At least this part of the ceremony wasn't a complete flop, even with Magua's mixup. They could've done a better job with when they shocked him, but at least this pair seems to be much more competent.

Magua and Equinox hang back as the others leave, both hearing these comments and having a couple questions of their own.

Magua:
Wait, you mean that wasn't Untrod?

Flay:
Untrod and JDodge were clearly incompetent at their jobs, so I got rid of them and got new people. As we've seen, they're much better at it.

Equinox:
There wasn't a complete overdoing of shocks, that's true. But, Flay, are these shock collars
really
that necessary?

Flay:
You should focus less on what we're doing and more on doing your jobs right. This ceremony may not be able to go off without a hitch anymore, but I'll be damned if I let get ruined any more than it already has been!

Flay departs, leaving a disgruntled Equinox and Magua behind. They look at each other, both of them feeling uncertain about how this awards ceremony will unfold.

Equinox:
I guess he means well, but I can't help but feel that these collars are going to cause more trouble than what they're worth.

BBmolla leans back in his chair while Matt lets out a small sigh of relief.

Matt:
Thank god that went well.

Kanye:
So what now, g?

BBmolla:
I bet we just keep this job for now. Not unless Flay's going to switch us out, anyways.

Matt:
Just why would he do that?

BBmolla:
You're talking about a guy who thinks that attaching shock collars to the people doing the ceremony is a good idea.

Matt:
Shit, good point.

As if on queue, Flay opens the door, entering in with a more genuine smile than the one he gave them earlier.

Flay:
Excellent job, you two! I knew I picked the right people for the job.

His gaze darts to Matt.

Flay:
They didn't do anything stupid in here, did they?

Matt:
No, sir.

BBmolla:
What the hell do you take us for? Village Idiots?

Flay:
At least be happy you get to keep your jobs here. I expect similar results for the rest of the night.

Whistling to himself, Flay leaves the room. The three there watch him leave, then turn to look at the screens.

BBmolla:
Let's hope that whatever's coming up next isn't going to be terrible, anyways.

Kanye:
Well said, g.

The cameras cut to the backstage lounge area. Patrick, DeasVail, Zar, Maestro, mykonian, Zoidberg, and Tammy all sit around in a circle backstage, and it looks like they're most of the way into a game of seven player vengeful!

Zar and mykonian already have their fingers pointed at patrick, while Tammy and Maestro are pointing at each other. Patrick is also pointing at Maestro while DeasVail and Zoidberg look between the patrick and Maestro.

Maestro:
Cmon, you two. Fucking listen to me, I'm not it!

Tammy:
Is that all you can say?

Maestro:
Would you just take those emotion-tinted glass off for one second and fucking LISTEN?!

patrick:
Look, Maestro, she's not going to listen to you. Not when you're scum.

Maestro:
Bugger that! She should at least have the deceny to listen to me.

Tammy:
I have been listening to you, you idiot! Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't listen.

Off to the side, DeasVail scratches his cheek before pointing a finger at Maestro. Maestro's own eyes almost bug out when he sees the finger.

DeasVail:
I'm pretty sure I'm right. Yeah, I'm positive.

Maestro:
LIKE HELL YOU AREN'T! ZOIDBERG! Help me make these idiots understand! Zoid!

Zoid:
You want me to argue with Tammy?

Maestro:
IF THAT HELPS, THEN YES!

Zoidberg sighs hopelessly, but before he can begin speaking, Zar mutters a comment that makes mykonian look at him with a mixture of shock and delight before pointing his finger away from patrick and onto Zar.

Zar:
Whoa, hey, cut the crap! That's not voteworthy at all!

mykonian:
Hey, listen, people, he just said his partner was Tammy!

Tammy:
What?!

Maestro and Zoidberg:
What?!

Maestro and Zoidberg immediately point their fingers at Zar while DeasVail looks confused. At the same time, Tammy is muderously glaring at mykonian

Tammy:
After all this, you really believe that kind of shit? Are you serious?

mykonian:
Hey, it came straight from his mouth. How it is my fault that I picked up on it in time?

Tammy:
That's not the point!

Zar:
That's not even close to what I said, anyways!

mykonian:
Tell that to my ears. I know what I heard.

Before they can argue further, DeasVail abruptly points his finger at Zar to everyone else's shock.

DeasVail:
Yeah, I beleive him. Let's get Zar.

Zar turns a pointed glare on DeasVail as the hammer is dropped.

Mod:
Zar, Vengeful Townie, was lynched Day 1!

Zar:
SEE?! I told you I was--

The game is interrupted, however, by the loud, staticky noise of a police scanner. Everyone looks around for a moment before finally noticing that in a shadowy corner of the room, there is now a figure standing there, holding a police scanner, blaring it at full volume with no regard for common courtesy. Patrick finally speaks up, being British and all, thinking he can kill this person with kindness.

Patrick:
Uhm, excuse me, sir... would you mind perhaps turning that down a bit? We are trying to play a game here...

The man steps forward out of the shadows, revealing a twenty-something man wearing a fedora, sunglasses, black driver's gloves, and a pinstripe suit. He turns the scanner up even louder and just moves to the center of the circle of seven, staring off into the distance. Patrick glances at the others and holds up his hands.

mykonian:
Hey, kid, move!

No response yet again.

Tammy:
Who are you, anyway?

The man finally stops, darting his head to the side at Tammy.

DREW:
I'm... Drew.

Tammy:
No, I mean, what's your forum username?

Drew cocks his head to the side, like a confused puppy.

Drew:
My... username? What do you mean?

Tammy looks at the others for help, who just shake their head in confusion.

Drew:
My... name... is... Drew...

With that, he suddenly becomes fixated on something out in the hallway and marches out of the room, police scanner blaring again.

Zoidberg:
What the hell just happened?

Zar:
Why would someone... I mean...
what
?

Maestro:
That was bizarre. It was like he had never even heard of MafiaScum...
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by Scummies »

In their backstage area, Mr Flay, chamber, and Untrod Tripod are in a short meeting.

Mr. Flay:
Things are at least going better now. That section of awards went pretty well thanks to our new guys.

Untrod Tripod:
Just who
do
you have up there right now, anyways?

Mr. Flay:
After yours and JDodge's miserable performance? BBmolla and Kanyeknowsbest. MattP is keeping watch over them, so I'm sure they'll all do an excellent job.

chamber:
They'll definitely help keep this awards show running as smoothly as possible.

Untrod Tripod:
I don't know about that. With Matt and Kanye there together--

Mr. Flay:
Untrod, you're not getting the job back. There's no way I could possibly let you near that room. There is no need to cause fearmongering among us about something that is unlikely to happen. Kanye and Matt know each other enough that Matt can keep him in line, and I'm sure that Matt can handle BBmolla. There's no need to worry.

Untrod only sighs hopelessly as Mr. Flay rounds on chamber.

Mr. Flay:
Has there been any word from SpyreX lately?

Chamber:
Not yet. He should be heading down to the SSC room for their ideas on what we'll do after the next batch of awards. although, I am worried about what kind of things those people can thinkg up. I can only hope that SpyreX is monitoring them closely.

Mr. Flay:
I would hope so. As an administrator to this site I would certainly hope he could live up to the standards of excellence we need to show at all times.

Chamber:
But don't you remember some of the things they may have put into our speeches and images? From what SpyreX told us, they had everything from dildos to references to various types of porn!

Mr. Flay:
And SpyreX has managed to keep most of that from coming through, thankfully. But you do have a point. Let him know as soon as possible that the SSC needs to stop thinking about such loathsome topics and focus on the ceremony.

Chamber nods in agreement and leaves the romm. Flay turns to Untrod and smiles.

Mr. Flay:
See? Everything is going smoothly now. We have competent watchers, well-reasoned administrators, and a man who can at least curb the SSC to what we want. I'm positive nothing can go wrong from here on out!

Untrod fidgets as Flay finishes his little speech, prompting the man to turn a glare on Untrod.

Untrod Tripod:
Er, yes, Flay, sir! Of course!

Mr. Flay:
Good. Now let's get going. We have awards to present!

Flay cofidently strides out of the room, with Untrod Tripod uneasily following behind him, adjusting the shock collar around his neck as he leaves.

Mr. Flay maintains his confident stride as he heads toward the podium while Untrod Tripod waits off-stage to be introduced. Whispers begin to permeate the audience at his change in demeanor, but he ignores them during his walk. Upon reaching the podium he clears his throat to call for silence.

Mr. Flay:
Greetings, my peons! I'm sure you all are enjoying this night as much as I am!

The audience looks among themseles nervously, sending mixed signals to Flay on the stage as the admin frowns. As if picking up on Flay's own discontent, the murmurs turn from nervousness to approving in the span of a few seconds. Flay smiles thinly at the change.

Mr. Flay:
And now, let me introduce to you the presenters of this block's awards: Zoraster, Untrod Tripod, and mykonian!

Mattp, BBmolla, and Kanyeknowsbest make their way back to the janitor room to watch the next part of the ceremony. Matt leans up against the wall next to the door while BBmolla and Kanye take their seats.

BBmolla:
This job isn't too bad, really.

Kanyeknowsbest:
True dat, g. We can just relax up in here for real.

Mattp:
You two do know that you'll still have to keep an eye on things in here, right? Flay expects you two to mete out punishment when needed.

Unfortunately for Matt, the two new employees are too wrapped in their talk to listen.

BBmolla:
Do you think this job has benefits?

Kanyeknowsbest:
naw, man, that'd be dumb as hell. We probly get paid, though.

BBmolla:
Damn. I sure hope the pay is good, then.

Kanyeknowsbest:
I wanna push some buttons some more, though.

BBmolla:
And get yelled at by Flay, possibly? Are you kidding?

Matt sighs as the two talk without paying heed to a word he says. Considering that a lost battle, he instead turns his attention to the screens on the stage.

The audience's applause is slightly more enthusiastic than earlier as the three mentioned step on-stage and take their seats. As Flay heads off-stage, Untrod stands up and heads to the podium.

Untrod Tripod:
Good evening, fellow scummers! I hope you all have enjoyed your evening so far! We promised you the best Scummies Ceremony yet, and I'm sure you agree that we have yet to disappoint.

The audience murmurs amongst themselves with some displeasure, a feeling Untrod picks up on. He shifts a little uncomfortably at the podium, but still presses on.

Untrod Tripod:
In any case, let's bring the next four award-holders on-stage!

Untrod beckons to the side as Satael, Lord Gurgi, and Thor665 (his manly beard actually somewhat straight and proper, as some from the audience note) come on-stage. Noticing that only three came on-stage, Untrod puts a hand on the mic and turns to Satael.

Untrod Tripod:
Wait, where's Crypto?

Satael:
See, UT, there was a slightly problem as we were heading for the stage and...

As Satael begins to explain, another person comes on-stage. Some in the audience who recognize the person as the Waitress from Scummer of Love shout out her name as she quickly strides over to stand next to Thor.

Satael:
She's the stand-in for Crypto. He wasn't able to make it here to the stage.

Zoraster and mykonian sigh.

Untrod Tripod:
Wait, just what happened?

Satael:
You see...

About ten minutes before the block 3 awards presentation

Crypto walks down the backstage halls, enjoying a small snack as he waits for his turn to go on-stage. However, his walk is interrupted as the blaring of a police scanner comes from a nearby hall, startling Crypto and almost making him drop his snack.

Crypto:
Just what the hell was
that?!

Crypto advances on the hallway only to come face to face with the person who called himself Drew. Crypto takes a step back in confusion, not recognizing Drew and covering his ears until Drew turns the scanner off.

Crypto:
How'd you get back here? area is off-limits for regular forum users.

Drew:
Forum users...?

Crypto:
Yeah. The regular members of Mafiascum.

Crypto's eyes narrow at Drew's confusion.

Crypto:
Wait, who are you? You don't look like anyone I've seen around here before, and you don't have the air of a newbie.

Drew:
My...name is...Drew...

Before Crypto can question Drew further, Drew jerks his head to look down another hallway. With Crypto seemingly forgotten, the police scanner begins blaring again as he marches down the same path that Crypto was headed down and turns down another hallway.

Crypto:
Hey, wait a second!

Crypto begins chasing Drew down the hall. Before he can turn down the same hallway that Drew went down Satael, Thor665, and Lord Gurgi catch up to him.

Satael:
Hey, Crypto it's almost time to go on-stage! The admins are waiting with our awards.

Crypto:
Huh? Oh, right, the awards ceremony. Sorry, but I got something I need to look into!

Before any of the other presenters can question him further Crypto dashes down the hallway he was going to head down, calling for Drew as he goes. Satael, Thor, and Gurgi watch him go, then look at each other with confused looks.

Lord Gurgi:
Where does he need to be that's more important?

Thor665:
Because nothing's more important than my beard, right?

Satael:
Don't even get started, Thor.

Untrod Tripod:
So...you came here without looking for Crypto?

Lord Gurgi:
We didn't have enough time to search for him and get here on time as well. Thankfully, we managed to run into this guy and got him to fill in for Crypto.

Zoraster:
At least you guys managed to find a replacement for him in time. That's good.

Gurgi:
I'll say.

The four take their seats next to Zoraster and mykonian. On the side of the stage, Flay frowns, not liking the fact that Crypto wasn't there on-stage.

MattP:
Crypto went somewhere else? Who or what would be more important than this?

Kanyeknowsbest:
Can we shock him?

MattP:
I don't see what good it'll do now, but--

Kanyeknowsbest:
Okay, shock time!

Kanye jabs the button labeled "Crypto" before Matt can protest. Somewhere in the backstage, Crypto staggers forward and drops to his knees as the collar shocks him.

Crypto:
Stupid...collars...

Back on-stage, Untrod uncovers the microphone and addresses the audience.

Untrod Tripod:
It appears Crypto will be unable to join us tonight, but we can still continue on. Now let us begin with the first award to be presented.

Satael stands up and walks to the podium as Untrod continues speaking.

Untrod Tripod:
The first award being presented involves a problem that practically every mod deals with over the course of a game: replacements.

Some of the long-time moderators in the audience groan when Untrod says the word. Untrod nods in sympathy when he hears the audience.

Untrod:
Exactly. Most times it can be a frustrating experience finding a replacement fast enough, and sometimes a single slot can have over three replacements over the course of the game. However, not all replacements are cause for worry, and for every bad replacement there is sure to be a good replacement who can lead his alignment to victory--or eke out a win for his or herself, if they're a third party. This award is for the most exemplary replacement.

Satael stood next to Untrod as he explained the award. When Untrod finishes, he steps back and lets Satael take the podium.

Satael:
The winner of the
"White Knight" Award for Best Replacement
is...
Cogito Ergo Sum!

"Generally a good replacement and is willing to throw himself into fairly large games if neccessary"
- Faraday

"He replaced into Rainbowdash's pony mafia and was a great boost to our scum team, helping us on the road to victory."
- Magister Ludi

Cogito Ergo Sum runs on-stage from the side, holding a fist in the air as he skids to a stop next to Satael who had leaned back in expectation of a crash.

Cogito:
YARR!!

Grabbing his award, he runs right back off-stage. Satael and Untrod stare after him, then look at each other with surprised/perplexed faces. Untrod then sighs in resignation as the two of them sit down and Zoraster stands up to take the podium, clearing his throat when he arrives. Unlike Magua who previously had kept his award with him, zoraster came on-stage with just the award he was supposed to present.

Zoraster:
Well, then, uh...can the next award-bearer please come up?

Lord Gurgi stands up and walks over to Zoraster as he continues talking.

Zoraster:
The next award involves helping us develop new ways to enhance our Mafia-playing experience through discussion of playstyle, tactics, and game design. This award goes to the player who has presented to us either a large amount of useful discussion toward those goals, or a significant body of work that has been deemed to be a great asset in what it encompasses.

When he finishes, Zoraster steps back as Gurgi takes the podium.

Gurgi:
The winner of the
"Professor Mafia" for Best Contribution to Mafia Discussion and/or the Wiki
is...
The Fonz for his Newbie Survival Guide!

"It's a good guide even for non-newbies. More than that, Fonz is fairly active when it comes to MD and expresses a lot of opinions Yosarian2-style, in that a lot of what he says is good solid stuff which is easy to agree with, so it's not just the one thread." - Mastin2

"It's great. It's a great starter for newbies who don't have direction." - Amrun

The Fonz comes onstage dressed up just like his namesake, sporting an easy smile as he recieves his award. Gurgi takes his seat as Fonz leaves the stage.

Zoraster:
The next award relates more to our newbie games. As many of you are aware, our newbie games have been set up so that at least one-third of the players have at least two games under their belt, and of those three, one--The IC or Inexperience-Challenged--has had at least five, to insure that the other newbies have a good set of players to rely on to get information on how to play mafia. This award goes to the IC who has excelled at their job in providing excellent information and playing skills to the newbies of their games.

Thor rises and comes to the podium once Zoraster finishes, one hand fingering the pommel of his small hammer at his belt.

Thor665:
And the winner of the
"Jedi Knight" Award for Best IC Player
--though it should be me, to be frank--is...
Nachomamma8!!

"Nacho does his job very damn well." - Consensus among nominees

The audience claps as Nacho comes up and receives his award, but the applause dies down to confused whispering as another Nachomamma comes on-stage behind the first, and then another, and another, until six Nachomamma's are on-stage. Zoraster's expression changes from mild confusion to complete bewilderment as each additional Nacho comes on-stage. Thor looks midly perplexed as he strokes his beard, though he's just as confused as anyone else.

Zoraster:
...Um, only the real Nachomamma is going to get the award, yknow.

Nacho #3:
We know.

Zoraster:
...Okay, then.

After Zoraster hands the award to the first Nachomamma, the six disperse to the backstage and out to the audience until they more or less disappear (except the first one, who goes back to his seat). Zoraster rubs his forehead as he and mykonian switch places. However, once Zoraster sits down he jerks suddenly as a shock runs through him. Mykonian looks behind him at zoraster's sudden noise, but doesn't linger for too long in case a shock is headed his way as well.

Mykonian:
Our last award for this block revolves around contributions toward the community. This isn't related to mafia discussiion, but rather organizing events and activities both here and in the meatworld for all of us to enjoy. We'd like to present this award to the person who was most able to do these things, and do them well.

Mykonian beckons to Waitress who nervously steps forward to the podium.

Waitress:
Ah, the...winner of the
"Mr./Ms. Mafiascum" for Community Contributor
is...
xRECKONERx!

"I know I'm not around here as much as I used to be, but I lurk and read quite a bit. I sincerely feel that Reck should be nominated for The Community Contributor Award for all of the work that he has done putting together The Reckoning last year and the one coming up, as well as the mini-meetups that he has orchestrated." - Starbuck

Many in the audience cheer as Reck comes onstage once again, this time dressed in not-so-flamboyant clothing. Regardless of his attire, he still excitedly waves and accepts his award with some flourish before departing with a whoop. However, the audience doesn't see him stumble to the ground as a shock goes through him courtesy of Kanye. Waitress notices him fall with a concerned look, though the others were focused on the audience and didn't see it.

Waitress:
Is he alright?

mykonian:
I think he's still got Gay Mafia running through him.

Waitress gives mykonian a look indicating that wasn't what she was talking about, but lets it drop as mykonian takes the podium again.

Mykonian:
That concludes this block of award presentation! Please stick around for more after the break!

The audience applauds as they leave the stage. To the side, Flay sighs and shakes his head, leaving the stage to check on the three in charge of the collars.

Mr. Flay:
The fools can't keep themselves together, can they? This better not be the same as what happened in the first block.[/b]

In the janitor's room, Matt clenches his fists in anger as Kanye taps a beat with his feet.

Mattp:
What was with shocking Reck there?!

Kanyeknowsbest:
That's what we're supposed to do, ain't it? He's supposed to be all professional-like, right?

Mattp:
Well, yes, but you could've saved it for AFTER he was completely off-stage! And what was the deal with shocking zoraster, too? If anything you should've done that to Nachomamma, not him!

Kanyeknowsbest:
You're just a killjoy, really.

Mattp:
I'm supposed to keep you two in line! Who cares if I'm a killjoy?

Before Kanye can reply (or BB can interject), Flay opens the door and claps a couple times.

Mr. Flay:
Well done, you three. It seems I was right to trust you after all.[/i]

BBmolla:
It's nothing, really.

Kanyeknowsbest:
Hey, this job is kinda fun, yknow, g? Think we can keep it.

Mr. Flay:
Most likely as a last resort for now. It's clear that the shock collars have done their job in wizening up the rest of the admins and crews for the ceremony that this is a serious matter and needs to be treated as such. But, there's still the rest of the night to keep an eye out for, so you two will be at the helm for the rest of the night if you continue to keep things like this.

Kanyeknowsbest:
Alright!

Kanye fistpumps with joy as MattP just shakes his head. satisfied with what he sees, Flay leaves the room.

CooLDoG:
I just wish... I knew what I was supposed to do.

CooLDoG shakes his head, taking a deep breath.

CooLDoG:
You found me, I didn't find you. You... saved yourself.

CooLDoG shakes his head again, growing more frustrated.

CooLDoG:
There is no spoon?

He sighs, closing his eyes.

CooLDoG:
One last try. I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world … without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries; a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

As soon as he finishes, lets out a disappointed sigh, laying back down on his bed and staring at his ceiling.

CooLDoG:
I can't go to the Scummies like this.

An Alice in Wonderland poster hangs on his wall, depicting a confused Alice holding a capsule filled with blue liquid saying "Drink Me!" and a red cake saying "Eat me!". CooLDoG grins.

CooLDoG:
You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

CooLDoG puts on a black dress shirt, lime tie.

CooLDoG:
What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

He puts on a pleather coat, black boots.

CooLDoG:
I'm ready!

He puts on the sunglasses as a finishing touch, turning serious again.

CooLDoG:
Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Scummies »

In Memoriam

Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Post by Scummies »

Vi, chamber, and Flay sit around in a conference room impatiently, waiting for SpyreX. He bursts in a moment later, out of breath and with a small stack of papers in his hand.

SpyreX:
Sorry this took so long! There was a lot of last-minute editing to do, but after I cut out the reference to a giant man-eating dildo becoming sentient then raping and eating Fred Phelps, I think...

chamber:
Sexual content is extremely explicit and not safe for work!

SpyreX:
...that we have an awards ceremony we can be proud of, for once.

chamber:
Proud of what? Scarring children for the rest of their lives? We have to protect their fragile minds from the cruel world outside!

SpyreX:
I know! That why I-

Mr. Flay:
No, SpyreX. We've given you enough chances to keep them in line, but clearly you are too incompetent for your work. So we will compose some appropriate entertainment, with inspiration from the most refined form of internet comedy. Memes are tested by the taste of the masses, and the fact they keep spreading is proof that they are the highest level of entertainment.

Vi:
Like insanity wolf!

Mr. Flay:
Exactly. SpyreX, go back and tell your SSC friends that their help was appreciated, but is no longer necessary. The moderators are taking over now. Then, I want you to go out, present the next award, then resign. These recent events have proven to us that you are more dedicated to the SSC than to the moderating team, and we have no time for double agents. Goodbye.

SpyreX:
We both want the same thing. We both want an awards ceremony that is appropriate, funny, and respectable. The SSC has been trying their best to do that, and they've finally done it! Please, just look at it once. I promise you will love it.

Vi:
That's reasonable. I'll look at it if you'd like me to.

SpyreX hands the script to Vi, smiling. Vi grabs the papers and lights them on fire, chuckling as they burn at SpyreX's feet.

Vi:
Get out.

The audience is murmuring in various amounts of discontent, anger, and other negative emotions as they impatiently wait for Flay to come on-stage again. The murmurs increase as time goes by and he still doesn't show.

Voidedmafia:
What the hell? Isn't he supposed to be here by now?

RachMarie:
Considering the way he's been acting so far, good riddance.

Voidedmafia glances between the stage--where Kublai Khan (who is holding an award), DeasVail, and Nexus are nervously walking to their seats--and the other members seated around him.

Voidedmafia:
I suppose that's true, but what's the deal with suddenly not showing up at all? I mean, aren't people going to be suspicious by that point? The crowd already looks like they're one step away from storming the stage.

Anything RachMarie was going to say is drowned out as DeasVail steps up to the podium and taps the microphone for silence.

DeasVail:
eheh, um...Well, it seems that Mr. Flay has some, er...pressing issues to attend to, and he may not be back for the remainder of the ceremony.

DeasVail's announcement is meet with silence from the audience, aside from a few sporadic claps, which only serves to make his nervousness more noticable as he fidgets on-stage.

DeasVail:
A-Anyways, please welcome the next set of award-bearers.

MattP:
What? Flay's gone missing? What's so damn important for him?!

Kanyeknowsbest:
IDFC, g. Maybe they ousted him or something.

BBmolla:
That's not good, Kanye!

Kanyeknowsbest:
ofc. Not for them, anyways.

Then, before BBmolla or Mattp can stop him, Kanye presses down DeasVail's button.

The audience claps modestly as SpyreX and Andrius shuffle on-stage, the former still looking somewhat dejected due his ejection from the admin team. DeasVail begins to clap as well, but suddenly jerks after a few seconds and has to grip the podium to not crumple onto the floor. His eyes dart around furtively for a camera he can glare at, but when he sees that he can't do so without making his intentions too obvious, he gives up and composes himself before continuing.

DeasVail:
And here is Kublai Khan for the first award.

DeasVail stiffly walks back to his seat, very much afraid of being shocked again on the way there. As Kublai Khan grips his award tightly and passes DeasVail on the right, the latter feels another electric shock that causes him to jerk his right arm and knock Kublai off his course and nearly makes him fall on the ground. Kublai barely keeps his balance while DeasVail sprawls on the ground just in front of his chair as the audience murmurs and whispers among themselves.

DeasVail:
I'm gonna fucking kill whoever is doing this....

In the meantime, Kublai makes it to the podium without any further mishaps.

Kublai:
Given what's been going on here, I'll keep this short. The winner of the
"Hannibal Lecter" Award for Best Performance by a Third Party--

Kublai Khan is cut off mid-sentence as an electric shock tears through his body, making him lose feeling in his legs and almost crumple behind the podium as the audience gasps in shock. While he still dips out of sight of the audience, his grip on the sides of the podium save him from becoming a heap on the floor. With a struggle, he manages to raise himself up to the mic before the strength in his arms gives out.

Kublai:
Guy...Named Riggs...for Literal Music...Video Mafia...

"He played the role exactly as I imagined it: staying under the radar early and looking mildly scummy, shooting a town aligned player, shooting a scum aligned player and then getting himself lynched on D3 to fufill all three parts of his win condition. Nothing flashy but well executed." - Debonair Danny diPietro

"We thought he might be third party, but suspected SK - never a modified jester.
Killing one of each alignment was also incredibly accurate." - AurorusVox

MattP glares lividly at Kanye, who currently doesn't seem to care.

MattP:
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?!

BBmolla:
No shit! Do you want to lose us our jobs?!

Kanyeknowsbest:
It's not like he's gonna come in our door. Owait, look on-stage!

While Kanye directs his attention toward what's going on on-stage, Matt and BBmolla furtively look behind them at the door as if Mr. Flay will barge in at any moment.

BBmolla:
...I think we should've left him out.

MattP:
...Probably.

Guy Named Riggs hurries on-stage, both to receive his award and help Kublai Khan up from the floor. DeasVail had only just gotten into his seat, so Nexus tried to come up and help Kublai Khan back to his seat, but a shock from his own collar sends him to his knees, and a stage hand is required to help Kublai back to his feet. Together, GNR and the stage hand get Kublai back to his chair, and then the hand helps get Nexus to the podium while GNR leaves the stage, casting a worried look over his shoulder at the presenters.

Nexus:
...Right. Will the next...person come forward...please?

SpyreX practically blitzes for the podium trying to reach it before anyone can shock him. Alas, he gets a jolt halfway there, sending him sprawling toward the podium and has him impact it with his body instead reaching it with some dignity. Nexus moves out of the way when he seees SpyreX fall and helps him up to the microphone.

SpyreX:
The winner of...I'm not going to get shocked here, am I?

Nexus:
I would hope not.

SpyreX:
...right. The winner of the
"Miss Congeniality" Award for Most Enjoyable Player
is...
Faraday!

"In Abarat Mafia, Faraday accidentally slipped and gave information only the scum could know. This made him confirmed scum.

Most people would lie down and accept their fate here. Faraday decided to be a hero. He discussed why Abarat Mafia was a reason to distrust girls. He gave us his nunanced thoughts on vote count analysis. He dared to throw the dice. He mused on opprotunities lost. He played matchmaker. He spread the love. He boasted about his bussing and self-voting. It was, in a word, legendary." - hitogoroshi

Those who had also played in Abarat Mafia were the ones who clapped more as Faraday makes his way onto the stage, grinning despite the circumstances. Thankfullly for him, no one presses any shock buttons as he receives his award, and once Farady goes off-stage he breathes a sigh of relief.

DeasVail:
And they don't tase him? Are you serious?

Nexus looks back at DeasVail for him to give the final award, but he waves his arm weakly to indicate he can't really move from his chair. With a sigh (and a small shock to accompany said sigh), Nexus plows on for the last award.

Nexus:
And may the final award-giver please come forward?

Andrius takes a more collected approach to the podium, his face a set line. He leans in to Nexus once he arrives at the podium to discuss a few things.

Andrius:
Just who is at the wheel with these shock collars?

Nexus:
I have no idea. I just know its getting on my nerves. But this is the last award, so we can get some rest after this.

Andrius:
I sure hope so.

Andrius takes a deep breath, then facces the audience.

Andrius:
The winner of the
"Rising Star" Award for Most Up-and-Coming Player
is...
MattP

"The man is excellent." - Quadz08

"As part of the SlumberPartyBois hydra, he basically dominated the game, had excellent reads, and led the town to an easy victory." - Empire

MattP:
Well, that's nice. Now you two be nice in here.

BBmolla:
Got it.

Kanyeknowsbest:
w/e.

MattP stalks out of the room, through the back-stage, and up to the podium, shooting glares at any camera he sees as if daring Kanye or BBmolla to push his button while he receives his award. An answer comes just after he gets his award, jolting it out of his hands and knocking it too the floor. Nexus and Andrius are too late in saving it from getting some dents and bends from getting knocked on the floor, though thankfully nothing gets sepearated. Matt's face contorts in anger and he stomps off-stage after retreiving his award.

MattP:
motherfucking Kanye!

Nexus glances back at Kublai Khan and DeasVail, who seem to have marginally recovered, before closing the section.

Nexus:
Apologies for any...difficulties with this part of the ceremony. After a special presentation the final awards will be coming up next, so don't miss out on the closing of the ceremony!

With the help of SpyreX and Andrius, the three presents hobble off-stage. In the audience Voidedmafia and RachMarie look at each other with concern while the murmurs of discontent grow louder in the audience.

Voidedmafia:
This...isn't really going well.

Rach:
No kidding.

Mastin:
That was... horrible. Now, the absolute first priority of judging how horrible that performance was should be put in as few words as possible, but honestly that was traumatizing to the point where I believe we should have an open and honest discourse about it. My personal opinion is that we as scummers deserve something a little better than that, you know? :P

Timeater:
yeah that did suck pretty bad

Vifam:
yeah sure did

Mastin:
I mean, I understand a little messing up here and there but no one is perfect. I mean, I am known for being a little too verbose at times even though I've been cutting down a bit, and I'm sure all of us have made an incorrect read in a mafia game everyone in a while, or even had a mafia game where your strongest townread flipped scum. But as far as mistakes go, that was
far
worse than anything I've ever seen in a scummies before. And when you've been in 100+ scummies awards, that's not only a hard record to beat, but an extremely undesirable one as well. :P

Vifam:
hey, tim. i was thinking that this sucks so bad we should do something about it.

Umbrage:
MAN WHAT IS GOING ON WITH SCUMMIES SHIT NOWADAYS. IT FUCKING SUCKS.

Timeate:
oh hey umbrage

Mastin:
But seriously, do we really want something like this to stand? The scummies are supposed to be
improving
, not declining, and the best that our scummies ceremony masters can come up with is a slideshow? Now, I wouldn't call myself a revolutionary, but something needs to be done about this! Personally, I would recommend a strongly worded, but polite and concise, letter to Mr. Flay and mith themselves stating that this sort of thing is not what the community wants. This isn't a democracy, but that doesn't give us a right to be oppressed! And again, I'm not suggesting anything drastic, but I am suggesting something! I mean, if they plan to run the ceremonies like this in the future, I will be sorely disappointed. They might as well just let us handle the whole thing! :P

animorpherv1:
Did anyone else think that ceremony was terrible?

Umbrage:
EVERYBODY HATED IT, IT WAS FUCKING HORRIBLE.

Chevre:
Guys, I don't think that was very good!

Vifam:
man we should really do something to let everyone know how much that sucked

Mastin:
...just absolutely atrocious! I've gone through records of other scummies ceremonies, and all of them were better than this one. Every. Single. One. It hurts me to associate myself with this sort of thing because my god it's definitely not approved by me, but I love the site so much that I just wish there was something that I could do to help out, to make sure this thing doesn't happen again. But I guess I'm just being a little overdramatic. :P

Timeater:
actually hell yeah vifam we should definitely do something

Vifam:
something important

Chevre:
But we can't do anything ourselves. We need a leader!

As if on cue, a figure appears...

In the janitor's room Kanye is almost rolling off his chair in laughter as an almost stricken BBmolla darts his eyes between the door and the screens.

BBmolla:
Kanye, are you crazy?! Matt's gonna be pissed!

Kanyeknowsbest:
hee...I can deal with him...ha ha ha...but did you...did you...

Whatever Kanye was going to say is forgotten as he bursts into another round of laughter. At about the same time Matt kicks the door open, his face red with anger as one hand adjusts his collar.

MattP:
YOU. FUCKING. BASTARD!

Enraged, MattP hurls himself at a just-recovering Kanye, surprising him and knocking him to the floor. As they try to both keep the other down and get a hand on the table to support themselves, their slipping hands press some of the nearest shock buttons, prompting their respective recipients to suddenly be shocked wherever they happen to be in the building, collapsing on the ground suddenly, or holding onto something nearby for support as those in more public spaces have worried and confused eyes upon them.

BBmolla:
Would you two just stop it already! Come on, now! I mean, just look at the screen!

With some difficulty, he manages to get Matt off of Kanye despite the former's attempts to punch, kick, and flail his limbs at Kanye. In the midst of these spasms he gets a glance at the screens, and he starts getting pale. BBmolla notices that Matt ceased his struggles and sighs in relief, but nearly buckles as Matt goes limp from shock. BBmolla looks down at his form, then at the screen. Then he goes as pale as Matt.

MattP:
Dear God...

BBmolla:
What did you two do...?

Heedless of their fright, Kanye is still trying to reign in his laughter.

CooLDoG:
Hello Vifam. Do you know who I am?

Vifam:
Morpheus?

CooLDoG:
Yes. I've been looking for you, Vifam. I don't know if you're ready to see what I want to show you, but unfortunately we have run out of time. The scummies are not what we wanted them to be, and I don't know how much horrible I can stand to see them get.

Vifam:
What do we do?

CooLDoG:
See for yourself.

CooLDoG throws his shoes at the people presenting on the stage, booing as loud as he can.

Vifam:
Like... this?

Vifam copies CooLDoG, prompting several audience members to do the same.

CooLDoG:
Yes. Don't let them know who is starting the riot; we lose power when we are no longer anonymous.

Vifam:
What do they think they are doing to the Scummies?

CooLDoG:
I don't know, but I think it's best if we stop them before we find out.

Vifam:
How?

CooLDoG:
I can guide you, but you must do exactly as I say. I need you to get all like-minded people you can together, and I need you to make them rebel. Fight against this presentation. Stop being meek sheep following a corrupt shepherd. Do you understand, Vifam?

Vifam:
Yes.

CooLDoG smiles, then runs into the crowd to continue his uprising. Vifam turns back to Timeater.

Timeater:
What the hell is up with CD?

Vifam:
Don't know, sounds fun as fuck. Let's do this shit. Hey, wait, where did that door come from?

Everyone else around is too busy rioting to care. Curiosity gets the better of him, and he reaches out to open the door...

CooLDoG:
Wait! We have to find the Keymaker first! And... and... epic fight scene on a truck! Explosions! You fly in and swoop down and save us!

Vifam:
But I can't fly.

CooLDoG:
Well, shit. Maybe they left it unlocked?

They did.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by Scummies »

Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Scummies »

Vifam is enveloped by a bright light as he steps through the door... and suddenly he is another place, surrounded by monitors, confronted with a man sitting in a chair.

mith:
Hello, Vifam.

Vifam:
Who are you?

mith:
I am mith. I created mafiascum. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and though the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably non-Skittle. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also irrelevant.

Vifam:
Why am I here?

mith:
Your account is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the moderation of mafiascum. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Vifam:
You haven't answered my question.

mith:
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

They are surrounded by lots of monitors, all showing Vifam... or at least, someone who looks a lot like Vifam, or in some cases nothing at all like Vifam, there was no budget for this many look-alikes. They all react differently. One does a scene from Hamlet.

mith:
mafiascum is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

Vifam:
There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

mith:
Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly is systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most peaceful discussion threads.

Vifam:
Choice. The problem is choice.

SpyreX approached Reck and Faraday with glass helmets and riot shields in his hands. Both are slumped on the ground, looking dejected.

SpyreX:
Get up. We have work to do.

xRECKONERx:
What happened, SpyreX?

Faraday:
We did everything they told us to, and then when we make something amazing, they scrap it. Let them get eaten alive by the crowd.

SpyreX:
You know we can't do that now. The people who won deserved these awards, and if the people don't get awards for playing mafia, there's no incentive to play it anymore. It's our duty as Scummers to save the community whenever we can, and we won't save the community by playing the blame game with the moderators.

Faraday:
But we can't do anything to save the community anymore! The mob is going to swarm the stage, kill us, and destroy the scummies! If we want to surVive, we have to run!

SpyreX smiles.

SpyreX:
A new age has begun, Faraday. An age of freedom, and reasonable mafia. And all will know that three scummers gave their lives to defend it.

xRECKONERx:
And to such a task I will dedicate my life, everything I am and everything I have. I am privileged to spend my blood and my might for the community that gave me happiness and peace that I have treasured and never would find anywhere else. I can do nothing else.

SpyreX:
We shall go onto the end, we will fight off rioting scummers, we will fight the mods if they come back and try to stop us, we will defend our Scummies, whatever the cost may be... We shall never surrender! ...although it seems like it's going to be me and you, Reck. Faraday's given up on us and become an alcoholic already.

Faraday gingerly sets down his empty Jameson bottle on a backstage table.

Faraday:
Given up? I thought all of this speech shit meant the party was finally starting!

Faraday and Reck walk out next, with no bottle of Jameson in sight.

Faraday:
Hello, again!

xRECKONERx:
We're here to give out the awards for Most Cunning Manipulator and Best Mafia Catcher. Obviously the most important awards!

Faraday:
Which we won last year.

xRECKONERx:
We're retired now though.

Faraday:
Well, retired from playing well.

They both flinch in pain and grab their collars, convulsing in pain. It's not hard to guess what has happened to them.

Faraday:
Fuc-

Reck grabs the mic from him and whispers something into his ear as he gesticulates wildly, pointing to the collar several times. Faraday blanches and grabs the microphone, again.

Faraday looks slightly scared as he begins to speak

Faraday:
The winner of the
"Don Corleone" Award for Most Cunning Manipulator
is...
petapan
!

"The set up was 8 townies, 4 red goons, 4 blue goons, nightless, and no day talk. Petapan lead the lynches on the entire red team, lead a bus on one of his own, and was not suspected by anyone that was alive, even to the end." - BK201

"I'm reading Petapan right now. He is really great." - Messiah

petapan quickly arrives on stage, clearly delighted. He's grabs the trophy from the table before taking the microphone.

petapan:
I'm the best. Owned, bitches.

petapan drops the mic and walks away with his trophy in hand as the audience applaud him - both for his victory, and his short speech.

xRECKONERx:
Next of course is the Best Mafia Catcher! Now, this is always prestigious to win. And only goes to the very best of the best.

The crowd groan. Just wanting him to get on with it, and stop the not so subtle self stroking. Reck clearly agrees he's taking too long as he grabs his shock collar in memory

xRECKONERx:
So, without further ado...

xRECKONERx:
The winner of the
"Paragon of Mafia Hunters" Award for Best Mafia Catcher
is...
Regfan
!!

"He became invested into the game and immediately went into "destroy all the scum" mode, coordinating effectively with the town. His reads for the most part were deadly accurate, and he was on the right track. More than that, he turned a slot which was mislynch fodder on most people's suspect lists into one of the most obv-town slots in the game. Words cannot really convey the respect I hold for him. Just read the freakin' awesome game." - mastin2

"Calm and approachable as a player, which generates a town cohesiveness. Additionally, he's obvtown and trustworthy as fuck. On top of that he has good reads." - MattP

Regfan slowls walks up, clearly overwhelmed. He walks up and hugs Reck and Faraday - it's obvious this means a lot.

Regfan:
Wow...thank you. Thank you so much. I'll try to keep this brief. Just a few people I'd like to mention and say thank you to. I suppose it all began when I was born. You see, I was destined for greatness from Day 1. By the time I was 4 I could solve my jigsaw puzzles quite easily. I think even now that gives me an edge in mafia, a step up on the opposition. I am...

As Regfan drones on Matt, Kanye and BBmolla are panicking.

MattP
What if he keeps talking?

kanyeknowsbest:
IDK m8, but I sure hope he shuts up soon.

BBmolla:
Shock him? Maybe he'll take the thing.

MattP
We can't shock the Paragon!

kanyeknowsbest
Reckon we can't win either way, Mattie.

BBmolla:
Shock him!

MattP
No, wait. He's finishing it off. It looks like he's running out of breath.

Regfan's still on stage, the crowd looking a little bored at this stage. Regfan's clearly enthusiastic though, and loving it all.

Regfan:
So, I think that makes a very strong case for me winning this and I'm glad the judges agreed. Thank you very much!

The crowd burst into applause. Possible the loudest of the night. Regfan is almost overcome, unaware most are clapping for the fact it's all over.

mith:
The first forum I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus I redesigned it, based on internet history, to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive alt, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche.

Vifam:
The Oracle?

mith:
Please. We use MySQL. As I was saying, it stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99% of all test subjects accepted moderation, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

Vifam:
This is about Forum 62.

mith:
You are here because Forum 62 is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant banned, its entire existence eradicated.

Vifam:
Bullshit.

mith:
Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Mr. Flay looks at his modteam with a sad look on his face.

Flay:
I should have known. We should have learned by now that things couldn't be done this way... Is there any way that we can calm the crowd down?

chamber:
At this point? Not really. We have no choice but to get on the jet and fly away, rebuild after they've destroyed themselves.

Flay:
It's a shame, but you're right. Let's go.

The mod team begins piling onto a huge private helicopter, propellers spinning. Zoraster and CES come running after them, with zoraster waving his hands wildly.

zoraster:
Wait! What do you expect us to do here?

Korts:
There's nothing you can do at this point. The crowd is out of control, and it's only a matter of time before they destroy the entire cage. Get out while you still can.

zoraster:
I can't just leave Mafiascum behind like this! Isn't there some way you can calm down the crowd?

Korts:
Are you kidding me? I couldn't turn them into civilized, rational beings before they started rioting. It's hopeless by this point.

zoraster:
Please, Korts. You made a mistake and started all of this. It's your duty as moderator of this community to preserve it and protect it! You can't just turn your back on us now...

Korts:
We've tried everything we can, and nothing works. I'm sorry...

CES:
We can't let it end like this. We've come so far from that mafia game in 2000, when no one knew what the hell they were doing and people were allowed to talk from the grave and vote in private. But, it was during that day that we found something we liked. And newbies that came here when this game got its new site, they found something too. Generations of moderators and mafia players changed this thing that we found for the better; this isn't just a game anymore. This a community. And it's our responsibility to give something back to that community, moderators most of all. And yet, you're standing here telling me that you can't do anything more? That the moment this community needs you to do more than keep porn out of the forums, you can do nothing? I don't see how you are calling yourselves moderators, much less members of this community!

hito:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is a slight delay before the presenters walk out to present the final awards, and the crowd is abuzz with complaining.

xRECKONERx:
And now, without any further ado, let us present the final three awards of the 2013 Scummies! The winner of the
"The Untouchables" Award for Best Pro-Town Team Performance
is...
The town of Team Mafia 2012 White Flag
!

"The town of white flag just fucking dominated. Seriously - they had the scum from the get go and it never looked like it'd be anything but a town win. Considering it took pure scumhunting - no fancy PR's needed and welp this owns" - Faraday

The team of White Flag Mafia minus Cogito Ergo Sum walks up, smiling as they accept the award given to them by Reck. Meanwhile, the dissatisfaction of the nominees who did not win is heard immediately, as cries of "Bullshit!" and "Are you kidding me?" reach the stage. Reck gestures for the award presentation to continue as quickly as possible, but Faraday does not come out. A few random things in scummers' pockets land on stage, but this stops immediately when Faraday walks on stage with the next award. The crowd goes silent.

xRECKONERx:
Faraday, you have to stall. Mods are gone, so they can't throw people out anymore. We need a plan to prevent a full-scale riot.

Faraday:
This next award is close to my heart. It demonstrates a team that works well together, where communication and synergy with everything. It rewards the ability of players to dazzle a town before them into seeing ghosts that aren't there, and that's a beautiful thing, in my opinion. The winners are players that know when to lie to the opposition, they can identify the strengths and weaknesses of the scumtown before them, and they can use these strengths and weaknesses in order to exploit the weaknesses of town and make its strength seem like paranoia.

The mob begins booing. Faraday glances around for a paper, pen, anything, but sees nothing on the stage. The audience supplies him a shoe. Faraday takes the hint, giving Reck a shrug as he holds up the next award. The crowd calms down again for a moment.

Faraday
: The winner of the
"Murder, Inc." Award for Best Scum Group Performance
is...
The Mafia of Arrested Development Mafia
!

"As the mod of the Arrested Development mafia game, the scumteam played PERFECTLY and set up one of the best gambits I have ever seen in my history of playing on the site but the best thing I can do is tell you about it and let you guys read what little of the gamethread didn't get eaten in the crash and link you to the scum QT." - xRECKONERx

The scumteam walks onto the stage to receive their award and the crowd immediately erupts into chaos. After receiving their award, the scumteam quickly scurries offstage to avoid the onslaught of chairs and glass bottles. Faraday takes one look at the crowd and rushes backstage.

SpyreX:
We got it. The T-shirt cannon. There's nothing printed on them, but this should produce something to hold them back, if only for a little while. Faraday, Reck, shoot this out into the crowd to calm them down. I'll present the last award, and we'll get out of here as soon as possible. Go.

Faraday and Reck roll out with the cannons, immediately firing three into the crowd. The crowd collapses in on itself going for it. SpyreX walks onto the stage.

SpyreX:
Thank you all for coming out to watch the 2013 Scummies, despite the hitches. And we know that you all didn't enjoy it very much, but the pain will be all over soon after the final award has been presented! Please exit the awards ceremony as quickly and calmly as possible.

SpyreX
: The winner of the
"Players' Choice" Award for Most Enjoyable Game
is...
zoraster & players for Always On
!

"This should be obvious." -xRECKONERx

The crowd claps politely as the winners accept their prizes and leave the stage. SpyreX smiles at xRECKONERx and Faraday finish firing the last of the T-Shirts into the crowd.

SpyreX:
Alright, let's get out of here.

Faraday:
Why? The crowd's finally calmed down, we're fine.

A T-Shirt flies back onto the stage, rejected.

Voidedmafia:
You tricked us! These T-Shirts are blank!

SpyreX smiles.

SpyreX:
Let's go.

mith:
The function of the One is now to return to the database, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from Forum 62 twenty-three threads to build a new forum, "The Speakeasy". Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing every thread of discussion, which coupled with the extermination of Forum 62 will ultimately result in the deletion of the entire discussion category.

Vifam:
You won't let it happen, you can't. mafiascum needs discussion to survive.

mith:
There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the banning of every user on this site.

The rioting at the Scummies appears on the monitors,

mith:
It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of the community, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-a-vis, gay man-love.

The monitor zooms in on one face in particular...

Vifam:
Timeater.

mith:
Apropos, he created an alt to save your life at the cost of his IP.

Vifam:
No!

mith:
Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the database, and the salvation of adult discussion. The door to the left leads back to mafiascum, to him, and to the end of your community. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you're going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth: he is going to be banned, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it.

Vifam walks to door on left.

mith:
Hmph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

Vifam:
If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.

mith:
We won't.

SpyreX:
Now, let's get the hell out of here before the crowd eats us alive. I think Mr. Flay installed a panic room around here somewhere just in case the tigers came back.

Faraday:
And all along, it was the humans that were the real monsters.

xRECKONERx:
We can't leave Zoraster and CES back there! I'm sure the mod team will come back!

SpyreX:
We don't have much time. We can't count on the moderators now.

A chair flies through the air, splintering by SpyreX's head to add emphasis to his point.

zoraster:
They still haven't noticed this place has a backdoor yet. We still have some time.

xRECKONERx:
Any mods?

Cogito Ergo Sum:
No.

The crowd suddenly gets a little courage, and Faraday and xRECKONERx are forced to swat away a few that came too close.

SpyreX:
We have to move. Now.

The SSC shuffles into Mr. Flay's panic room and SpyreX locks the door behind them, breathing heavily.

SpyreX:
Let's hope an angry mob isn't stronger than a murderous ambush of tigers.

Faraday:
You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst. Last bottle, everyone.

SpyreX:
Fuck.

The panic room door shakes violently with another hit of the battering ram.

Faraday:
It's not going to hold.

The panic room door rattles even more violently until it begins to fall off its hinges.

Cogito Ergo Sum:
Nope.

They brace for the final impact of the battering ram, but it never comes. Instead, there's the sound of a giant battering ram clattering to the floor. The SSC carefully leave the panic room to meet a smiling Flay, shock collars in hand.

Mr. Flay:
An iron fist has its place, doesn't it?

hitogoroshi, Korts, Vi, and chamber make their way through the crowd, each wielding their own weapons to keep the rioters back.

chamber:
I couldn't ever leave this place... not even when everyone's gone insane.

The crowd, whipped up into a frenzy by the sight of the electric collars, swarmed the group yet again. The SSC grabbed the weapons they had left from the riot room while the mod team covered them, and they were easily able to swat away the unarmed audience members, but they couldn't stop them all.

Vi:
You know that game where you try to figure out how many five year olds you could take in a fight? This is it! This is fantastic

xRECKONERx:
We're not going to be able to hold out long. Is there anywhere we could go to, or do we really have to make our last stand on an open stage?

Mr. Flay:
Well, there is the roof, but that's dangerous as shit.

Faraday:
I always wanted to make my last stand during a rooftop fight! Let's go!

zoraster:
Are you sure that's a good idea?

hitogoroshi:
Rooftops are pretty cool!

Police Commissioner:
So explain to me one more time what the hell I'm looking at here.

A group of green beings with circle heads and triangle bodies stand in a group next to a tree with a giant rope hanging down from it. They point to one another seemingly haphazardly until they finally settle upon one of their own which they tie to the tree and hang. The green being flashes several times until it hangs in the noose, red. The green beings immediately go to sleep.

Police Commissioner:
Jenkins. What is this?

One of the green men turns blue, and puts a little police hat on, roaming to one of the green beings and making him flash green. After he is satisfied, he goes back to sleep allowing another green being to turn red and shoot him in the back. The police commissioner draws his gun, prepares to shoot the little bastard.

Officer Jenkins:
Don't. Last time we did that the green things started swarming us like a crowd of locusts. And if you look at one of them too closely while they sleep, they turn red or green or something. Then one of them turns red and tries to kill you.

Police Commissioner:
They must be aliens. We need to call the army.

Officer Jenkins:
But what do we do about the citizens in the meantime? I plan on letting their little game play out, and then I'm shooting the last one standing.

Police Commissioner:
We have to get the army, Jenkins. This is something that is out of our hands; these are aliens, these are abominations, and they are hostile! If you stay here, you're jeopardizing your life. I won't stop you, of course, but this is a big risk you're taking.

Officer Jenkins:
I understand, sir.

Police Commissioner:
We'll be back soon. Don't be a hero.

As the police cars drove off, there were five green beings alive. They strung a red one up, and a black one rose from the night and killed another green. The next day, they hung another green, and the black finished off the last green during the night. Officer Jenkins smiled.

Officer Jenkins:
Gotcha, fucker.

He fired three shots into the thing's head, but it did no more than turn, look at him, and smile. It charged at him as he emptied his clip into it; the next bullets did no more than the first.

Serial Killer:
Bulletproof.

Korts:
Fuck it is cold.

The angry mob rattles the tiny roof door. Flay is setting down shock collars all around the door so he can shock the first people who get through; everyone else is freezing their asses off at the other end of the roof.

Faraday:
If they get up here, are we supposed to jump?

xRECKONERx:
These guys are scummers, members of the community. I can't imagine that we're actually afraid of them killing us...

Mr. Flay:
Something is happening again. It isn't... normal. mith's disappeared to handle some business, and it isn't the usual kidnappings and killings. It's something far bigger than that. I think... we're meant to be destroyed here.

zoraster:
What do you mean?

Mr. Flay:
Well, it doesn't matter for us, right now. This sort of thing is out of our hand; this is dependent on the One. We are pawns with our lives in the balance of the man with all of the power. If he fails, Forum 62 will be destroyed, and who knows what effect that will have on the rest of things. Look at how insane that crowd is; imagine when they take their mob bloodlust somewhere else. I wonder if this will be The One?

Suddenly, there's a crash at the door. Mr. Flay sets off his shock collar triggers, which ends in silence. Vi stumbles over to the group, smiling.

Vi:
If you were wondering... 60. I got 60.

In the middle of all this mayhem, a door pops into existence, and Vifam steps through it. Everyone stops and looks at him.

Vifam:
Man, that mith guy is way too serious. I just wanted a Scummies ceremony that wasn't so uptight and shit.

CooLDoG:
I don't understand...

Timeater:
CD please don't do the morpheus stuff anymore...

CooLDoG:
Everything was done exactly as it was supposed to be done. The Prophecy was clear. Once the One started the Riot, the Scummies were supposed to be good again.

Umbrage:
COOLDOG. SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THAT MORPHEUS SHIT. STOP.

Chevre:
We could have our own ceremony!

Vifam:
Man that would be mad chill...

Chevre:
Excellent idea! It could be called the Chill Ceremony!

Timeater:
That's pretty dumb but whatever.

Umbrage:
FUCK THAT SHIT

Another door opens into the auditorium, and the rioters herd themselves toward and through it...

Vifam:
And guess who wins the worst poster award...

CooLDoG:
Wait. Me, right?

Vifam:
No that's not...

CooLDoG:
And the first winner of the worst poster award in the Chill Ceremony is CooLDoG! I win!

Chevre:
That's wonderful! CooLDoG wins the first award of the Chill Ceremony!

Timeater:
Man this shit sucks.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by Scummies »

The Scummies, 2012...

Scummies Steering Committee:

AGar
Cogito Ergo Sum
Faraday
SpyreX
xRECKONERx
zoraster

Judges:

DeasVail
IceGuy
Kublai Khan
Magua
MattP
Messiah
mykonian
Nexus
Untrod Tripod

Mashies Judges:

izakthegoomba
kdowns
Maestro
RedPanda
Xalxe

Lead Writers:

Nachomamma8
Voidedmafia
xRECKONERx

Other Contributors:

Faraday
Mina
Mr. Flay
Quilford
Untrod Tripod
Xalxe
zoraster

Nachomamma8
UberNinja

Lazy Editing and Parody Writing:

mith
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:30 pm

Post by Scummies »

The site of the First Annual Chill Ceremony, which is already empty except for two figures sitting on a random park bench in the middle of the stage.

mith:
Well now, ain't this a surprise.

hohum:
You played a very dangerous game.

mith:
Change always is.

hohum:
Just how long do you think this peace is going to last?

mith:
As long as it can.

hohum:
What about the others?

mith:
What others?

hohum:
The ones who disrupted the Scummies.

mith:
Obviously they will be free to stick around and play a role next year.

hohum:
I have your word?

mith:
What do you think I am? And endless fount of ideas? Every fake awards show needs a little drama...

Mr. Flay:
mith! We were afraid we might never find you.

mith:
Everything is ok now.

Mr. Flay:
Look, look! We've got the art ready for the cover of this year's Scummies HD DVD release!

mith:
Just look at that, beautiful... Did you do that?

Mr. Flay:
For CooLDoG.

mith:
That's nice. I know he'll love it.

Mr. Flay:
Will we ever see him again?

mith:
I suspect so, some day.

chamber:
Did you always know?

mith:
Oh no... No, I didn't. But I believed... I believed.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by petapan »

free burqaswag
free crypto
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:49 am

Post by zoraster »

Paragon: Regfan
Don Corleone: Petapan
Rising Star: MattP
Best Replacement: Cogito Ergo Sum
Best IC: Nachomamma8
Most Enjoyable Player: Faraday

Best Pro-Town Team: White Flag
Best Pro-Scum Team: Arrested Development
Best Third party: Guy_Named_Riggs
Most Enjoyable Game: Always On
Best Setup: Abarat Mafia
Best Flavor: Paranoia Mafia
Kodak Moment: Soul2277's fakeclaim

Best Mish-Mash Game: Planet MafiaScum
Best Mechanic/Mutation: Always On
Best Role: AIDS Infector
Best Contribution to MD/Wiki: The Fonz
Community Contributor: xRECKONERx
Smooth Operator: Tierce
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:09 am

Post by quadz08 »

wooooooooooooooooooo
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:57 am

Post by UberNinja »

Congrats to Guy_Named_Riggs, petapan, Nachomamma8, Faraday, and last but not least, MattP!

You guys are all awesome <3
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 am

Post by Faraday »

Congrats to the winners.

Sorry for the delay with it.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:50 am

Post by Venmar »

Congrats to all :D

Happy to see Mattp won his rising star award, he deserved it by a long shot.

Also, Petapans speech was funny :P
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:53 am

Post by Nuwen »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:56 am

Post by zoraster »

It was pretty much a drag out fight between you and Regfan, Nuwen. The paragon judging thread was 167 posts long, which was more than twice the next longest thread (75 posts)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:58 am

Post by BBmolla »

Congrats to all, was a good year :D

Edit: Fun Fact: I lost in every one of these scummy winning games I was in.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Oh man, those 'bad memes' GIFs are excellent.

:goes to read back on whatever it was he's done THIS time...:
Retired as of October 2014.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:29 am