Vote counts

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Vote counts

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Post by Aronis »

So I was just wondering. What's your ideal way for the mod to keep track of Votecounts? I've seen lots of different ways [keeping every votecount of page 1, linking to them all, nothing] and was just wondering what people preferred.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Post by saulres »

"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Post by Wisdom »

That's not what he asked though

Personally I don't care, I find ISOing the mod easier than going to the first post.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2, Wisdom wrote:Personally I don't care, I find ISOing the mod easier than going to the first post.

^this
flipping that around, I don't like any form of VC that involves editing things into ppl's posts for explicitly this reason
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Agreed
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:27 am

Post by quadz08 »

I actively dislike it when every votecount is linked in the OP. It's unnecessary and creates clutter. I highly doubt anyone actually opens the "events" spoiler and goes "oh man, I'm so glad I can look at Votecount 3.3 from right here, since I definitely know that's the one I need to look at."

Keeping the current votecount on the first post is less annoying, I guess, but it's similarly unnecessary.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I would find it helpful to be able to see the current vote count regardless of what page you are reading actually. (I'm talking about the ability to view it on any page.) Anything other than that is really clutter and unnecessary. If you want to do VCA you can go through the effort of actually looking up the vote counts.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:01 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

I prefer very frequent vote counts especially if the votes have changed a lot and especially as deadline is approaching. Top of the page votecounts are the best and bumping the last post or two on a page to get a pagetop isn't bad either but editing votecounts into player's posts sucks. And I agree that nobody cares about votecounts in the OP. And if you can't get pagetops, middle of the page votecounts are pretty good too. I care more about high frequency.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

pieguyn wrote:
In post 2, Wisdom wrote:Personally I don't care, I find ISOing the mod easier than going to the first post.

^this
flipping that around, I don't like any form of VC that involves editing things into ppl's posts for explicitly this reason

^these
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Nothing is the preferred option here. As long as there are votecounts.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 7, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I prefer very frequent vote counts especially if the votes have changed a lot and especially as deadline is approaching. Top of the page votecounts are the best and bumping the last post or two on a page to get a pagetop isn't bad either but editing votecounts into player's posts sucks. And I agree that nobody cares about votecounts in the OP. And if you can't get pagetops, middle of the page votecounts are pretty good too. I care more about high frequency.

This. I also really like vote counts in deciding order i.e; the wagon with the most votes is at the top.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 10, Nero Cain wrote:I also really like vote counts in deciding order

I prefer a method I discovered serendipitously: list wagonees in order of who has least->most recently changed their vote. If someone's a) phoning it in instead of actually playing mafia, or b) voting with strong conviction, it draws attention to them, as long as at least one player is voting them.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”